Fender Flares

groundworks3

now THIS is a fire pit!!!
City
Terre Haute
State
IN
Those are actually a true fit for a YJ, and as far as a cj goes, they add approx. 2" of tire clearance to the rear of the front fender, & approx 2" of tire clearance to the front & rear of the rear opening, so in answer to your question: YES they do require cutting, to match their profile, they are not a direct fitment, or (as I have seen others do), mount the flares & paint the body overlap black, & it is virtually un-noticeable, also the front "roll" of the flare is more squared than the cj front "roll" of the factory fender.

I actually have a new unused set of these exact ones, that I will not be using, once I got them & saw the overlap, I decided if I was going to cut the fender to match, I'll just go with the TJ flare, because you pickup an additional 4" of tire clearance.

Drop me a pm with your email address if interested, & I can also take pics of it held up to my Scrambler so you can get a better idea of what I am talking about, also if you want them buy mine, they are brand new, & I'll sell them cheaper to you than amazon has them for just to get them out of the garage!;)

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I really like the look of those- always have. I am torn between using those or building my own steel tube fenders and flares. The plastic ones sure would be lighter...

Stouttrout has them on his Scrambler- his Scrambler is clean- he is using YJ front fenders too.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
The perfect fit for a stock Scrambler is CJ fronts and YJ rears.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
Randyzzz said:
The perfect fit for a stock Scrambler is CJ fronts and YJ rears.
Ditto that. If you can get a shop that carries Bushwacker to call them, they can do you up a set like that the next time they do a run.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
jeepdad said:
Can someone post A pic of this, or is that what stouttrout has?
No, trout put on YJ front fenders to match the flares. I think that's the ideal setup to get the additional clearance of the flare and keep a matching look. I personally dislike the mismatch of the YJ flares on CJ fenders.

Of course if you get a set like they mentioned with CJ fronts and YJ rears, you're golden.

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
yep, mine started with a dented fender and cheap pair of Wrangler fenders bought off CL. Then I found a set of used but never mount flares for a wrangler. I like the Wrangler fenders on a CJ. If you want to keep your CJ fenders, call a shop that deals Bushwacker. The rear wheel opening on a Scrambler is almost the same as a YJ. They can call Bushwacker, it takes some good talking, but they can get a set off YJ rears and CJ front ordered from them.

City
Garner
State
NC
Hate to resurrect an old thread however, I just picked up a set of these for a seal and I am trying to determine what the part number is for the "CJ" fronts??

Bushwacker 10910-07 Jeep Cut-Out Fender Flare - Set of 4 (what I got)
Bushwacker 10059-07 Jeep Cut-Out Fender Flare - Front Pair
Bushwacker 10060-07 Jeep Cut-Out Fender Flare - Rear Pair

From what I gather, these are all the "YJ" style, does anyone know the partnumbe for the "CJ" fronts? I have never seen any other than these.....

City
Garner
State
NC