Fiat Jeep/Ram diesel fraud issue widens

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Fiat may stand to pay over 4 billion Dollars in fines,not to mention compensation to affected owners.
I did not leave jeep,they left me.
I test drove a Toyota Fj Cruiser today.
This affects Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel owners,and 1/2 ton Ram diesel owners.

Forbes did not give a positive outlook for Fiat.
I feel this may kill the jeep pick up.
It certainly does for me.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Well Jeep folks,
That does it for me.
I just ordered a 2014 FJ cruiser.
I tried to make my way back to jeep.
But I never left jeep,Jeep left me.
Had I known about the Fraud Fiat had committed before I sold My 8,I would have kept it.
I can't bear to drive a Newer vehicle with the word Jeep on it.
Keep your old ones,they will always make you smile.
Best of luck to all.
Elvis

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I can't bear to drive a Newer vehicle with the word Jeep on it.
Keep your old ones,they will always make you smile.
Best of luck to all.
Elvis
Here's your problem and your solution.

Just keep an eye out for another Scrambler. The new stuff isn't any more a Jeep than my Honda is.

I would be interested to see how you like the FJ. Toyota makes good stuff.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Elvis really has left the building. My son just bought a new Toyota 4WD Pickup to go with his old 4Runner. Nothing wrong with a Toyota. Wm69 has a good solution. Lots of CJ-8s for sale.

Shark Bait

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Charleston
State
WV
I've got a 2008 Trail Teams Edition FJ. I bought it new in 2007 and it now has 21,000 miles on it. I had a 2007 JKU that i got rid of before the FJ. The Toyota is more spacious and more powerful. A few blind spots and really likes fuel, but, I'm happy with it. Probably the longest that I've kept a single particular vehicle.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Believe it or not,the fact that other scrambler owners have FJ's and Toyotas in general-makes me feel a whole lot better.

Shark Bait

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Charleston
State
WV
I also have a 2016 Toyota Sequoia Platinum, our 3rd, they have factory lockers front and rear, on board air compressor with air bags in all 4 corners to raise and lower ride height on and off road as well as having the ability to adjust the rides firmness electronically.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Carmax had over 41 FJ's,but they had only one manual.
So i ordered it in from california.
Colorado has free transfers for 4wd vehicles.
It is a 2014 with 36k miles.
2014 is their last production year,which is the newest one can buy.
In general,I do not buy from dealers,but I wanted the year,color,miles and manual-and there was not much other choice.
The manual is harder to find.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
I made the mistake of Going to the dealer and test driving a Land Cruiser.
Were my wife ever to sell her 2002 original owner tahoe,the Land cruiser would be next.
Although the Platinum is no slouch,and has so many nice features,she would need the extra 1500 Lbs tow rating that the LC offers.
We lose 20% tow rating at this elevation.
We special ordered her Tahoe with 4:10 gears that pushes her tow rating just over 8000.
Horses Be heavy.

Shark Bait

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Charleston
State
WV
Yeah tow rating wasn't a concern for us, I've got two Duramax's and a Powerstroke for that. I would have preferred the diesel Land Cruiser but Uncle Sam just wasn't letting one into the States. Lol

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Honestly,the Leather in the sequoia was nicer than The LC,and the Platinum has more value than the LC altogether IMO.
That LC comes with a hefty price tag.
Given the choice,I hate to say it but I would take the sequoia over a new Tahoe,the Tahoe/suburban/escalade rates very poorly on reliability.
We have had a Tahoe since new in 2002,and its been a great vehicle.The new ones,not so much.
Unlike VW and Fiat,Toyota made a choice not to defraud its customers,and skip the American Diesel.
Hopefully that changes and the pollution standards are lowered so we can do away with the annoying DEF fluid.

scramble1983

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
tx
To think that FJC is the only company with these issues is very short cited. VW has been beaten to death. Hundai misrepresented fuel economy and even Toyota had to buyback 90's trucks because their frames were prematurely rusting. Toyota has also had issues with Prius batteries. I own a 2008 JK and 2009 Challenger SRT and both have been more than reliable and well built. A business must make money and with global governmental restrictions on automobiles, these things happen. To each their own I guess, but this happens in all aspects of society, Subway probably sells me fake meatball subs..but their damn good fake meatball subs...I'll keep eating them. Now lets get back to talking and showing pictures of Scramblers!!!

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Ok ,but one last thing-Check out the latest issue of Consumer reports.
All vehicle manufacturers rated from best to worst.
Who are the 2 at the very bottom?
Jeep and Fiat.
Yes,talking about scramblers is fun.
But the new Jeep brand is just pathetic and sad.
I can't do much,but Fiat has sold one less Jeep,I am picking up my FJ tomorrow.
The GC SRT is off my list,and I will not buy a Jeep till they are out from under the crap brand that is Fiat.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Jeep/Fiat may be messing up but one thing Chrysler did right by me is this baby. Charger Scat Pack with 485HP. The owners are actually stating a higher highway MPG than advertised. I am trying very hard to not got and test drive one because I am afraid my F150 might be staying there while I drive it home for good.

Elvis

Basic User
City
Berthoud
State
Co
Those test drives are a danger to one's check book.

Picked up the 2014 FJ saturday.
Glad I got the manual,at this altitude,the auto felt sluggish,but would probably be fine at sea level.
Very impressed with fit and finish.
My one complaint is the steering column,it does adjust up and down,but does not telescope.
The rear view camera solves the blindspot issue IMO.
The engine/exhaust noise is present,but does not bother me in the slightest.
Cabin space is better than a wrangler,rear seat access not an issue for me,so I have no problems with the suicide doors.
All around happy with the purchase.
If anyone wants to know what it was like buying From Carmax,please just ask,otherwise I won't bore you.
I feel less guilty about buying a Toyota than I thought I would.
As I said before,I did not leave Jeep,Jeep left me.