• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Finally got her in the mud.

whitenite97

Legacy Registered User
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
OK....finally got to pile the family in for a ride. This was my first as well as my jeeps and we had a blast. I felt like i represented well. Had to take the strap a coupe of times (and the winch) but we tried.
I did win the screaming contest thanks to my 7 year old (and i think i may have screamed once or twice). These guys were great coaches and helped a bunch. I'll do better next time (and may lock the front for a little extra).
Pictures? I haven't gotten many of the 8 but i'll post up when I do. Here is the one i did get that i think ya'll will like. Nothing like a beautiful women, in a Scrambler, pulling out a TJ. (the guy in the TJ drove into that hole when my kids dared him, i went around--just to be clear).
The four in the middle of the second picture are mine. I suspect my wife will want to drive next time. I already have permission to get the locker and i think i can talk her into the winch. She is very competetive and didn't like being pulled out by "smaller" jeeps. I though that was funny.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/Scram82/?action=view&current=DSC_0290.jpg
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/Scram82/?action=view&current=DSC_0317.jpg

Duffman

Basic User
City
Lafayette
State
LA
Fun! Where was that? Theres the 4x4 Expo down in Hammond, La. this coming weekend too. I am hoping the weather holds out for the better so I can drive down there in my Scrambler. Cheers to you and yours! Looked like a blast.:D

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Cool story! Love the part about the wife being too competitive to be pulled out by smaller Jeeps, that's classic! :thumbsup:

whitenite97

Legacy Registered User
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Duffman said:
Fun! Where was that? Theres the 4x4 Expo down in Hammond, La. this coming weekend too. I am hoping the weather holds out for the better so I can drive down there in my Scrambler. Cheers to you and yours! Looked like a blast.:D

Scott Mine will be there with the Charity Scrambler. It was a huge hit at a local "meet and greet" (which I missed) and i'm looking forward to seeing it.
My son's opening day baseball game is Saturday and will last all day but i'll plan on going Sunday.
If you can i'll pm you my cell number and if you come down we'll get together.
david

whitenite97

Legacy Registered User
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
bigwalton said:
Cool story! Love the part about the wife being too competitive to be pulled out by smaller Jeeps, that's classic! :thumbsup:
She was not happy. These were new Rubicons with seasoned drivers. I was happy to get as far as i did (but i did tell here we wouldn't have this problem with a few small mods). I hope someone got some better pictures with the whole crew in.

okjeep

Basic User
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Make sure and drag the family to the nationals in clayton. Not too far to go from the ol' red stick! There will me more coona$$'s in attendance than expected!

Duffman

Basic User
City
Lafayette
State
LA
theres also a run to the sycili island (sp?) this week end. I am gonna try as hard as ever to make it. We are planning to leave Lft. for about 6am and return in the evening. I hear its about 2.5 hrs north and the weather should be good. Chime in if ya want to go, or if you leave later give us a channel on the CB to get you cuaght up. But with the rains there should be some good sand and mud!!!!:jeep: