Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I can’t believe it’s been over 5 years since I bought this factory nutmeg material. I think I got it from Austin jeeps, but can’t remember for sure. I do remember that it was pretty expensive, but I was happy to even find it. Once I received it, I unfolded it and laid it out flat on the floor of my shop for a few days to relax the folds. I then went to a local carpet store and picked Up a cardboard tube that the carpet comes wrapped around “they were more than happy to give one to me”.
I rolled my New nutmeg treasure tightly around the cardboard tube, and stored it for over 5 years. Long story short, I finally pulled the trigger and had my seats reupholstered. Here is a picture of one of the seats. I’ll post more pictures once I reinstall them in the Jeep.
They are definitely not perfect, but for the price I think they turned out pretty good.

Attachments

Last edited:

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Sweet! Nice EB too!
Thanks Randy,
I wish the bronco was mine. Belongs to my oldest friend Ryan “friends since the 1st grade, 1978” Ryan is. DR, and is a VP at a local hospital. He has been working insane hours since COVID-19 hit, and has 0 time for much. His Grandpa bought the Bronco new in 69, and left it to him when he passed 15 years ago. My brother in law and I I have been helping him by reworkIng a few things. Power steering, power brakes/front disk /hubs, everything electrically. Fuel tanks, new suspension....the list goes on as you could imagine. The day that he finally got to drive it, he had tears in his eyes. I’m so happy that I was able to help him bring it back to life.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
You might try using a hair dryer (poor boy heat gun) on the loose areas to tighten them up. Just be careful not to get it hot enough to melt it. Nice job. Or you can set them out in the hot sun.

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
You might try using a hair dryer (poor boy heat gun) on the loose areas to tighten them up. Just be careful not to get it hot enough to melt it. Nice job. Or you can set them out in the hot sun.
I was wondering about that. Thanks for the advice👍