Finished - for a while

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Most of the regulars have slowly seen progress on my 84 for the last couple years. I had polished the exterior last year and just got around to the interior and bed. I hope you guys aren't burnt out on poser pictures! I have also added new tires, painted and put decals on the front hubs, redid some of the gauges, added factory carpet, changed fog lights to gold cat Marchals, changed ac unit for a minty-er one. I'm sure I have forgotten some stuff, but you get the idea. These pics show the good the bad and the ugly.

09_09_12.jpg

09_09_121.jpg

bed.jpg

Floor1.jpg

Floor2.jpg

Floor3.jpg

Floor4.jpg

Floor5.jpg

Floor6.jpg

Floor7.jpg

DASH1.jpg

Last edited:

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
Wow, that looks great. It's got good patina, but is a nice and clean stocker. Those are the ones I stop and look at when I see 'em!

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Thanks!

Mark. Still a few "cosmetic" details to address, but with us moving to Charlotte, I don't plan on tinkering anymore for a while.

Looks Great!

Curious, where did you find the factory carpet?
I bought it off another member on the forum. They don't come up very often, I had been looking for a couple years.

Looks beautiful! Be proud!
Thanks! I am. It has been a lot of sweat equity to get it where it is.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
The Jeep-Joop topic has come up before. Some folks jeep has Jeep stamped in the sides others have Joop. I thought it was interesting that if you look at my floor photo's you'll notice that the passenger side is "Jeep" the drivers side is "Joop". I guess it would be safe to say that 84 was the cross over year. Do all 85's have Joop?

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
The Jeep-Joop topic has come up before. Some folks jeep has Jeep stamped in the sides others have Joop. I thought it was interesting that if you look at my floor photo's you'll notice that the passenger side is "Jeep" the drivers side is "Joop". I guess it would be safe to say that 84 was the cross over year. Do all 85's have Joop?
Wow; your left side is a variation that I haven't noticed before, wherein the lower part of the "e" is stamped. I thought all the "Joop" stamps had no indentation at all. My 1985 CJ-7 is a "Joop" straight up. So was the YJ body I put on my '84's frame. If I get motivated, I look closely at my 1984 postal. It's got some kind of the "Jeep" stamp, but now I'm not sure if the "e"s have one or two indentations.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
You know now that you point that out. I don't remember ever seeing a Joop with the lower part of the e stamped. Another AMC anomaly.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
...if you look at my floor photo's you'll notice that the passenger side is "Jeep" the drivers side is "Joop".
The way the collectible vehicle market can be, Bobby's "Jeop" will probably sell at Barrett's for a mint someday, as the "cross-over" Scrambler.

The stamping irregularity makes me wonder if the aftermarket tub and tailgate manufacturers would run into any TM infringement issues by stamping something like "Joop", "Juup", "Leep", etc.

Dave K.

Legacy Registered User
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Great looking Jeep. Glad you didn't ruin it with bedliner--it will maintain it's value better in my opinion.

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Great looking Jeep. Glad you didn't ruin it with bedliner--it will maintain it's value better in my opinion.
Thanks Dave. I agree... You can beat bedliners durability for most applications, but for the direction I have been going on this restoration, I think it would have hurt more than help. I do wish the PO would have cared for the bed & floors a little better, but the patina does add character.:thumbsup:

City
Roselle
State
Il
Most of the regulars have slowly seen progress on my 84 for the last couple years. I had polished the exterior last year and just got around to the interior and bed. I hope you guys aren't burnt out on poser pictures! I have also added new tires, painted and put decals on the front hubs, redid some of the gauges, added factory carpet, changed fog lights to gold cat Marchals, changed ac unit for a minty-er one. I'm sure I have forgotten some stuff, but you get the idea. These pics show the good the bad and the ugly.

View attachment 28517

View attachment 28518

View attachment 28519

View attachment 28520

View attachment 28521

View attachment 28522

View attachment 28523

View attachment 28524

View attachment 28525

View attachment 28526

View attachment 28527
Wow! Turned our awesome!