rispony

Scramblin' in the City
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
Hey everyone! I have a large favor to ask as I'm a little stuck at the moment. I've searched everywhere and can't find concrete numbers regarding firewall holes. On my current build, the PO welded up almost every single hole in my firewall and I can no longer tell exactly where the holes were for certain items. The following hole size measurement and location that I need are everything that the heater box consists of (blower and hose, heater core in/out, bolt holes) and the shift rod. If anyone has a spare tub or firewall and is willing to take these measurements, I would really appreciate it. You don't even have to give me the center points if it's too much trouble, you could just tell me the hole is 1" round and starts 5" from the driver side and 3" up from the bottom of the tub and i could figure the rest out myself. Whatever is easiest. Thanks!

P.S. Maybe we should make a sticky for fiberglass guys or people who ever find themselves in my predicament?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Hey everyone! I have a large favor to ask as I'm a little stuck at the moment. I've searched everywhere and can't find concrete numbers regarding firewall holes. On my current build, the PO welded up almost every single hole in my firewall and I can no longer tell exactly where the holes were for certain items. The following hole size measurement and location that I need are everything that the heater box consists of (blower and hose, heater core in/out, bolt holes) and the shift rod. If anyone has a spare tub or firewall and is willing to take these measurements, I would really appreciate it. You don't even have to give me the center points if it's too much trouble, you could just tell me the hole is 1" round and starts 5" from the driver side and 3" up from the bottom of the tub and i could figure the rest out myself. Whatever is easiest. Thanks!

P.S. Maybe we should make a sticky for fiberglass guys or people who ever find themselves in my predicament?
If you can tell me which measurements you need from this pic I can try to get them this weekend.

firewall.JPG