• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Firewall ID Badge

bbbarc

Basic User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Can anyone tell me what this extra firewall badge is? It is riveted in with the original I'd badge, it looks by all appearances as original. It has letters and a hole punch and other markings punched in. Maybe ordered options etc?

Brian
image_zps5282c1d2-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I have one on mine as well but I'm not sure what it is for either.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
From another Jeep forum (so I deserve no credit):

That is just a production line data control tag. It was attached while the Vehicle Identification plate was being put on at the beginning of the production line when the tub was moved into position to meet the chassis frame when the two meet at the end of the run.

While the tub gets dipped and painted, the chassis frame gets all the drivetrain components attached and so on.... then the completed body meets the frame at the end of the run from above and the two are attached. A line inspector confirms that the body and chassis are a match then uses a hole puncher to mark that tag. That is why that tag is thin and held on with only one pop rivet, it allows the tag to be pulled up and punched. Each assembly line inspector was assigned a letter code that he or she punched for confirmation.