Fixed or tilt driver seat bracket

City
Garner
State
NC
Debating whether to install a fixed or tilt seat bracket in the Scrambler. I have both laying around, my CJ7 and the tilt and it seamed not very useful with the steering wheel in the way. Just curious if you guys had any pros or cons?

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Personally, it depends... If you are still set up for half cab, the tumble bracket seems useless. If you need extra tweaking for head or leg room, the rigid bracket is easier. However, if you are running full top with a back seat, I would go ahead and do the tumble bracket since you have it. It doesn't give quite the opening that the passenger side does, but can still be handy for flopping forward to put stuff in and out of the back with the top on. Also handy to flop forward when topless and doorless to keep potential rain or critters off the seat. I intend to run double tumble in mine when I get around to it (saved my brackets from my YJ before selling it).

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
This is a great point, I am going with a full soft top so I think tumble is the way to go. Thanks for the input.
I run a full soft top as well. I wish I had the tumble bracket on the driver's side for mine. It would be much more convenient than moving the seat forward every time I want to throw something in the back.