Foreign diesels w/ MTs everywhere!

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
I got an idea the other day to check out vehicle offerings in other parts of the planet. This morning, I searched Europe and Australia EbayMotors and found some cool rigs.

I've attached a few links below of some I'd look at, if I were living in those countries. I love the fact that it seems common to be able to purchase Jeep Cherokees, Wranglers, Ford Rangers and most all foreign makes with manual transmissions and small cylinder diesel engines. What's wrong with our government! I'm in the market for what's available in almost every other place around the world.
:headbang:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrysler-...1991918?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c6b7e2bee

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-FORD...0676028?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac0b521bc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-RANG...1?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item5d36d9d0a9 :huh:

The third link shows a very odd-looking Ford Ranger body style. The prices are pretty interesting in Europe, too; much more expensive in AUS, although not a lot to compare. AUS appears not so abundant with US vehicles.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
the last one is the new ranger.

I wish the automakers would bring more small diesels. I dont want or need a 3/4 ton truck, just to get a diesel.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
I dont want or need a 3/4 ton truck, just to get a diesel.
Me neither, since I already have my 1-ton diesel. Check this out:

2012 Ford Kuga, 6-speed manual, 2.0 turbo diesel, 4x4: $30-35K (EUR conversion)
Average MPG = 47.1 (Imp gal) = 39 (US gal)

Last edited:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
State
da
I do want a truck... just not a full size.

I want a VW Amarok. TDI 6 speed manual. gets over 30mpg. :fingerscrossed: VW Canada is considering bringing it to Canada...

I dont want an "SUV". they all look the same and really they are just minivans with 4x4. Well, at least the ones in North America are...

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
I had a chance to do some more research on this vehicle, and found that my initially posted mpg data to incorrectly use Imperial gallon stats. That has been corrected above.

Also, I found that the Kuga is being brought to the US and will be manufactured in Louisville, KY and named the 2013 Escape. However, the engine choices will only be the of the petrol variety. Sorry to suck the fun right out of this thread. :(

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
Average MPG = 47.1 (Imp gal) = 39 (US gal)

Mines almost that good. Surley not as quiet though...

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO

I want a VW Amarok. TDI 6 speed manual. gets over 30mpg.
How about one of those snazzy Ford Ranger TDI models w/ a 6 speed manual? Just consider that a lot of your money would actually end up only a mere hours from where you currently reside. That has strong potential to prop-up your local, regional, provincial and country economy and welfare. Win-win, buddy! :)

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
28 city hard on it from red light to red light
32 highway, more power on the top end at 70-80 than you would ever need.
pull any grade at speed effortlessly.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
...pull any grade at speed effortlessly.
That's fantastic! Imagine if your 4bt had a turbo...or does it?
I wish my Jeeps had diesel powerplants.

The literature I read on the Ford Kuga indicated that the TDI runs the same MPG regardless of it being driven in 2WD or 4WD. That seems beyond logic, as far as I've ever experienced in a 4x4. I'm tempted to go entice my local Ford sales guy by telling him he's got a sale, if he can get the TDI Escape/Kuga in the dealership.

Last edited:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
State
da
How about one of those snazzy Ford Ranger TDI models w/ a 6 speed manual? Just consider that a lot of your money would actually end up only a mere hours from where you currently reside. That has strong potential to prop-up your local, regional, provincial and country economy and welfare. Win-win, buddy! :)
That Ranger isnt built in the US.

Pathkiller

Legacy Registered User
City
Lorton
State
VA

I want a VW Amarok. TDI 6 speed manual. gets over 30mpg. :fingerscrossed: VW Canada is considering bringing it to Canada...

I dont want an "SUV". they all look the same and really they are just minivans with 4x4. Well, at least the ones in North America are...
I've seen the VW Amarok in South Africa and they're really cool. Really a midsize, about like a Dakota or 1st gen Toyota Tundra.