Fuel injection conversion ki

Valmunin

City
Columbia
State
SC
I have a 1983 Scrambler with the 258 in it. I am looking to replace the carburetor with an injector.

I'm looking at getting: https://www.morris4x4center.com/tbi-kit-emissions-legal-how-jp258.html
It's a Howel for $1,295.

EDIT: Here is another option I'm hearing more about: https://www.holley.com/products/fue...efi/sniper_efi_bbd_for_jeep_cj/parts/550-858K
The "master" kit comes with all the fuel stuff needed and costs: $1,199.

Is there a significantly better fuel injection kit?
Recommendations please.

Last edited:

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I have heard good things about the Holley Sniper kit.
I don't have first hand knowledge though.
I do have a link to a supplier that is supposed to give great advice and pricing.

Just another option to look at.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
The Howell kit is well known. Probably 50 or more on this site running it. The Holly kit is new as of last fall; but Holley's reputation for FI in the last 4-5 years is well known. I think there's 2 or 3 here that have done it (look for Great Dain's thread)

The howell kit is pretty much a Chevy 4.3 throttle body and ECU with a custom wiring harness. This means parts should be OEM quality and parts will be cheap forever.

The Holley kit is entirely aftermarket; has a nice display and the ability to do some custom control of timing.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I am very happy with the Sniper kit. And the support from their texh folks as well as others on the FB page is unbelievable. The install went very easily. I would recommend it for sure. Note that I installed the 4bbl conversion model. I also reused the existing metal fuel lines rather than using the full amount of Warl’s soft line I bought (the piece in the kit plus the extra I bought since I thought I would need more). So I only used a small amount of the rubber lines in the kit to replace the original rubber lines.

I have been tweaking the tune since installing, but nothing drastic.