certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Just noticed last night when I was looking at the frame rails and new stainless lines that the main fuel delivery line comes up the passenger side.
The 360 swapped in has the fuel pump on the driver side.

Was just looking to see solutions to what people have done (pictures appreciated).
If I was smarter about it and when the frame was off, I would have run it up the driver side, but it is what it is at this point.

Also, this is for the UK Jeep project, so I just swapped all the sides around into a more common LHD notation.

Thanks,
cb

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
Switch to an electric fuel pump and just block-off the mechanical. Route the lines however you want. Problem solved.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Hey CB as you know I've put the 360 in the truck, it had a diesel before but same thing delivery on the right. Just use the larger vent line to bring the fuel. I think I have the fuel filter return going back alongside it. On the other side what was the delivery is now the vent from (or to) the canister.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
CB,
I was in the same boat when I put in my 401, if I recall correctly, I was able to use the same line and move it to the DS with only a few modifications, I'll take a look tonight to refresh my memory of the details.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Body is already on and lines were routed, so I think I might just continue it up and around/under the radiator and dump it right off down the rail hear the fuel pump... that is the working theory.

cb

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
I think I was able to take it off and mirror it over (roll it 180) to the DS, may have re-bent it a little and I'm sure I cut it a little short of the DS front shock mount and ran rubber lines to the pump. I used the bends around the rear shock mount as my guide, worked out good, don't remember it being too bad of a job, but that was 10yrs ago. My body was on as well.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Yipper

Switch to an electric fuel pump and just block-off the mechanical. Route the lines however you want. Problem solved.
But since you're already covered up the idea you have with routing around the front is exactly what I ran for more than 20 years while the mechanical pump was still installed.

Also check out my build thread. I did the electric pump swap and it's all visible with some good pics

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
For now I have bent up some fuel line and have it going across the front, not pretty or perfect, but enough to fire her off.
Currently though, I am chasing a master cylinder issue with not having brake fluid being pushed... I am thinking air bubble due to it being off, or it has finally kicked the bucket.
Will swap a new one in that I have on hand and see how that goes.

cb