Fuel Pressure?

BDCCLARK

LIFETIME
City
gravois mills
State
MO
How much fuel pressure do the factory 4.2 fuel pumps generally push in proper working condition?

Mine had a fuel filter with one inlet and two outlets. One of the outlets went to a fuel regulator and the other went back to the tank.

When I throttled the engine, fuel pressure dropped from about 3psi to about 1.5 psi.

When I squeezed the the line to the tank with channel locks and throttled the engine I had zero pressure drop.

I replaced the filter with a one in, one out and my pressure is now stable at just above 3psi.

That still seems low to me.

Also, is the factory "return" connection on the sending unit for a vapor canister that has been removed from po?

More also, there are two fuel line size ports on the drivers side of my tank up high. One has a line going nowhere, the other has been folded over.

Chris

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
There are some really good online writeups on this, what you're looking for are the rollover and liquid check valves.

The return line on your sending unit is supplied by that second out port on your filter. That return line helps prevent vapor lock.

Not sure on the pressure, so I won't even guess, but someone should know it off the top of their head here :)