• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

full cab softop options

fmxrider

Basic User
City
Birmingham
State
AL
I know there are very few options for the hard top for a full length enclosure, what are the options for a soft top that is a full top, I was also curious how yj half doors with soft uppers would match up to a full length soft top,

as a side note I havent notices a soft top half cab option or like a bikini windjammer and tonneau cover combo, i know in the past thgis last combo wasnt water tight but ive noticed some on a tj where it was water tight , well as much as a regular soft top
all help is appreciated

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bestop is the only company making these new for sale. They were making two versions, a Tigertop that snapped down the sides and had roll up window panels and came with one piece doors, then the Supertop which has zip out windows and uses a belt rail on the top of the tub sides like a newer TJ/LJ/JK soft top (no snaps). This top doesn't come with doors though you can find places selling them as a package with the two piece doors Bestop makes.

I have a thread going on my saga trying to get a good top and doors from them. They're having what I consider to be MAJOR quality control issues, apparently since they closed up their shop in CO and moved all production to Mexico.

I believe that they are discontinuing the Tigertop, it was put on sale everywhere recently as in a closeout situation.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Here's a link to an install by CJATE:
https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23991

Also, in reference to the doors; the YJ half doors work well with TJ soft uppers on both the half hard and full soft tops. (One mounting post on the upper has to be reworked, but the top of the upper is the same shape as the full hard doors.)

There are pics on here somewhere.