certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I am in the process of cleaning up a lot of "stuff" to make room for more items in the office.
Basically I have 15+ years of Magazines I have kept going back to 2000, some maybe before that.

The quantities are the most towards the top and less as it goes along:

JP Magazine
Four Wheeler
Petersen's 4Wheel & offroad
4 Wheel Drive and Sport Untility

Less years/copies
Mopar Action
Mopar Muscle

Some CRAWL copies, some Rifleman, some various others I am sure.

Basically looking to sell in lots, was going to do this on eBay, but the 10% fee and 3% Paypal and then shipping and being charged on that, figured I would ask here first.
I plan on gathering them up tonight and getting them in piles by year to see what all I have.
I know I am missing a couple here and there, but for the most part they should all be here.

PM me if you have interest... was looking for a $1 a magazine and then shipping, but not really looking to do individual ones.
Was thinking either by year, or a grouping of years... or if you want all that I have, I can slap them in a big box, but these do get heavy.

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I had a subscription from the mid 80s for the Peterson's 4Wheel & Off-road for 10-15 years and have manyFour Wheeler magazines. Back then there were a lot of articles on the CJs. I have mine stored for future reference. Good information in them back in the day

City
White Rock
State
NM
I just got rid of over 40 years worth of magazines myself, the ones you identified and including PV4 and a couple that bloomed and died in the 1980s. there was no market for them at all, I finally gave the to a friend along with the file cabinets they were filed in. Good luck in your efforts to sell them.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Some magazines sell. My brother got what I thought was amazing money from old mountain bike magazines from the early-mid ninieties. He put them on ebay and had several parties bid on them. Locally, I think he would have recylec them but put on the "world market", he was surprises himself by what he got for them. I have probably 1000 4x4, and Mstang/Ford magazinea I news to find a home for also. My friend owns the largest used book/paper store on the east coaat and he would take them from me for $0 and out in his story with the 1000's of others and get $1 each for them. Complete years on ebay I would think would sell for more than $1 an issue. Would help to list any first year tests that are in them.

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Zero interest so far shipping kills it and tgey aren't playboy or penthouse those apparently sell well

City
White Rock
State
NM
Maybe so Barrys, I can only relate my experience, zero bids and zero interest on ebay, craigslist, etc. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere vs the east coast. Good luck is all I can offer

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Actually I just sold a set of 20 Mopar Action magazines back from 03... I received $30 total, but the shipping is $12.85 for flat rate after discounts.
Take away the 13% for eBay and Paypal fees and you are left with $13.25 for 20 issues.... for a total of about $.66 an issue.

I am not upset, I will take it... and someone else gets a nice Christmas present... and I can buy a hotwheel or 2! :)

cb

bas157

Legacy Registered User
City
Linfield
State
PA
Some magazines apparently sell but it does depend on the market. I'm Barrys brother, it was a complete year of Mountain Bike Action that sold for over $100 to a guy from Japan, he also bought another lot that was 11 of 12 issues for 1 year. He had them shipped to a reshipper in Florida (think he gets a lot of stuff sent there then they send a big box or shipping container full of various client's stuff to Japan) Might help to sell them by the year, and if you can get a full year of them, that could help.