• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Great smoky mountains Jeep invasion

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Is anyone at this event in pigeon forge? Started Thursday runs thru Saturday

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Jake White is there with a CartoTracks booth.

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Well I drove up to pigeon forge to the event. Was lots of jeeps to see . Getting into the indoor event was far to ridiculous. (Probably still people waiting in line due to Covid concerns) lines were thousands of people long and security allowing 5 people in when 5 people left.
Ended up riding around part of the day then parking watching all the jeeps Till late into the night.
Did however see 2 scramblers pass by while sitting there. I guess 2 out of many thousand wasn’t too bad. Seen some really nice old CJ-5s and 7s reminding me when that’s what I had so many years ago until I was able to finally get and finish my scrambler.
looking forward to a scrambler event to see some of the ones I’ve seen on here. Hot Springs is only 10-11 hours away ?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Glad your junk didn't get stolen, seems like that's a theme every year at that event. I kind of dropped off FB, so I haven't seen if there were any reported this go-round.

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
I saw a video of this event on YouTube. Seemed like a lot of "special" Jeeps if you know what I mean. Lots of weirdness in that video.....I did see one Sport Side Honcho though.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I saw a video of this event on YouTube. Seemed like a lot of "special" Jeeps if you know what I mean. Lots of weirdness in that video.....I did see one Sport Side Honcho though.

This is why I’ve lost most any interest in any big Jeep event that’s not trail-riding-centric. Even then, it’s only because the trail riding redeems it.

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
I’m actually looking forward to the iron mountain Jeep event in early October here close to me. That event takes place miles from town and you have to be off road to attend that. Very little parking at entrance and you have to drive 15-20 minutes thru the mountain trail to get back to the event.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I’m actually looking forward to the iron mountain Jeep event in early October here close to me. That event takes place miles from town and you have to be off road to attend that. Very little parking at entrance and you have to drive 15-20 minutes thru the mountain trail to get back to the event.

That sounds AWESOME!!!!

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
This was a record year this year.
Numbers through the gates:
4,750 Thursday
9,750 Friday
14,250 Saturday
Total 28,750 people
Approximate 12,777 Jeeps
There was quite the mix. I'm no fan of the bolt-on, never wheel JKs and JLs but the classics there satisfied my enthusiasm for the event. The organizers did the very best they could considering the circumstances and the regulations placed on the facility by the city and facility management. It was clear a LOT of people wanted to come and see what all there was to see. Fortunately this year, I heard of far fewer thefts compared to past events. I don't really know what that could be attributed to but it was good to (not) hear of many.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This was a record year this year.
Numbers through the gates:
4,750 Thursday
9,750 Friday
14,250 Saturday
Total 28,750 people
Approximate 12,777 Jeeps
There was quite the mix. I'm no fan of the bolt-on, never wheel JKs and JLs but the classics there satisfied my enthusiasm for the event. The organizers did the very best they could considering the circumstances and the regulations placed on the facility by the city and facility management. It was clear a LOT of people wanted to come and see what all there was to see. Fortunately this year, I heard of far fewer thefts compared to past events. I don't really know what that could be attributed to but it was good to (not) hear of many.
That’s fantastic!!!

02tj

Basic User
Gold Member
City
Jeffersonton
State
Va
I was there! Made a video for my YouTube channel.