• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SOLD.....Half Cab Hard Top & Bulkhead

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
I have a half cab and bulkhead in my Scrambler and will be looking to part with it soon. What are these going for these days? It's in great condition....

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
see pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 39

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Market is really variable, depending on location and desperation. I sold a half hard top to a TJ owner last year for $400. He said he would have gladly paid $1000. I think he's crazy, but then again these don't exactly grow on trees. I'm not a half hard top fan (thus the sale), but I kept my bulkhead for my soft top. If I needed to buy a bulkhead for my build I would have probably paid upwards of $500, though I've seen them for as little as $200. I'd say $6-800 for the top and $3-400 for the bulkhead is average and reasonable - if both are in good usable shape requiring minimal repairs.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
They both look to be in good shape, and the sliding window is a bonus!

However, if the funds aren't critical, I'd recommend you store them.

I'm surprised at how many times I've changed my mind about how I want to set up my Scrambler, and I'm really glad I didn't get rid of my cab and bulkhead, as I had originally intended.

Also, if you ever decide to sell the Scrambler, having the cab and bulkhead might well seal the deal.

Good luck!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
By the way, that's a great looking Scrambler! :thumbsup:

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
However, if the funds aren't critical, I'd recommend you store them.

I'm surprised at how many times I've changed my mind about how I want to set up my Scrambler, and I'm really glad I didn't get rid of my cab and bulkhead, as I had originally intended.

This is probably the more important thing to say. The only thing I sold off after purchasing were a pair of nutmeg seats, and I wished I'd kept them. The $100 I got for them seem trivial now. I kept the top the whole time, and used it only rarely. I only sold it because my doors were trash, I had no intention of fixing them or replacing them, and the soft top and doors make more sense here in the SW.

@brp0830 , I'd wholeheartedly recommend storing them away for a couple of years until you are absolutely certain you don't want them.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I bought a bulkhead several years ago that was almost mint, only had some minor rust on one of the flanges. I think I paid about $250 for it shipped (been a while, so not too sure). There is no money that will encourage me to sell my half hard top or either bulkheads I have. The amount of effort (and money) needed to find one if I ever wanted to use it again would far surpass the benefit I would get from the sale of them. And, is a scrambler really a scrambler if it does not have a half cab? (That being said by a person putting a full hard top on one and with a full hard top on the other :rolleyes:.) :twocents:

But, I usually see them for sale about $1,000 as a pair when I do see them for sale. I think there was a pair that a member here just bought in the Austin area advertised for about that amount.

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
The whole reason for selling, is I'm 6'5" and want to move my seats back 2-3" and throw in new ones. I'm also going to fab the brackets and lower the seat height 2". The half cab just doesnt make sense with what I want to do.

Thanks for the advice!

LBJeeper

City
Long Beach
State
CA
The whole reason for selling, is I'm 6'5" and want to move my seats back 2-3" and throw in new ones. I'm also going to fab the brackets and lower the seat height 2". The half cab just doesnt make sense with what I want to do.

Thanks for the advice!
Where are you located? I’m in the market for a half cab