bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Late, but happy birthday anyway! Get one of them Scramblers running to celebrate? :)

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Just got back in touch.

I had been on vacation with the wife. First one in 13 years without the Kids. We had 2 great weeks in Oahu Hi. She had to go there for work for the first part. So I rented a wrangler and too my time around the Island. Got to see lots of things and then we spent lots of time together.

Did some snorkeling, Kayaking, Surfing. Lots of eating. Had fish mot every night. Great tuna over there. Hell even Costco there has Tuna Sashimi in the store.

Got within spitting distance of a 12-14' Tiger Shark while out Kayaking past the Reef. Decided that it was a good time to head back over the reef then. We were in a 15' tandem kayak and the shark was almost as long as the Boat. In 4-6' waves I was having a bit of a time keeping the Kayak steady and into the waves. Had to do a quick turn between sets and head back in. Got to see several turtles over the reef. Then say after that the wife got ahold of a group out there that does accessible Surfing and they took her and I out and got her surfing. Had a great southern Swell that was putting 6-8' waves off of the southern shore.

All in all it was a great trip. So it was a pretty good birthday. Also figured out that I like the Old Style CJ's better than the new stuff. But that topless still beets anything else.

Carl