Happy Thanksgiving!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Looks like a bread my wife bakes a couple times a year. Pinza bread. A very dense kinda sweat Really good

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I made a thanksgiving hash, mashed potato patty and eggs over easy this morning that was simply spectacular.

I wanted to put the bacon weave from the turkey to use (cooking it on the turkey seems to kill a lot of the smoky bacon flavor) and this was the answer. Smashed stuffing, diced up bacon and turkey together with lots of extra pepper and pan fried that to start the plate, pattied up mashed potatoes and fried that on top, drizzled bbq sauce over that, fried over easy eggs on top of those and then reheated a bit of our green bean casserole and gravy to top it all off.

SO good!

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Photo of raw turkeys (and other neighbors) in the yard 10 days before Thanksgiving:

Buncha Neighbors 2.jpg

I've had 15 inches of snow since then so the herd of 17 wild turkeys has been hangin' in my trees crapping on the roof. They're pushing their luck...especially considering the time of year. But I ended up buying one of their recently-deceased relatives at City Market.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You just need something like this. 13 pounds of teeth and gristle. He will run just about anything off except a wolf. This is him being humiliated after getting his fur trimmed. He's not really into a trim and wash. :) image.png