• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Hard halftop to windshield

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
Good morning
my half hardtop is rubbing on drivers side windshield (hardtop sits up)
Seems I need to get more angle back out of that side of windshield was contemplating trying to raise drivers side windshield hinge to allow for more angle.
Cannot get enough angle just loosing windshield to dash plates and pull back.
Hardtop and windshield and hinges are all factory Oem
Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Any dirt, rust / corrosion or trash built up, between rubber and body or rubber and windshield ? A lot of adjustment in those dash plates usually.

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
Hey thanks for the reply, no unfortunately no rust or rot or even dirt of any kind.
If I can raise windshield hinge 1/8-1/4 inch I think it would let windshield lean back further to get windshield to rear tub measurement of 97”1/4 that I have read in forums for installing tops.
Or another thought is to slot the dash plate Torx hole on mill a little more to let me pull it back farther.
Was going replace Cowl seal also but will make it even worse I think

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Do you know the history of the tub/windshield frame.... I would start to put a level across the windshield frame.
I had one that was ever so slightly twisted.
Turns out it had been hit on the side and the whole tub was out of whack by close to 3/4", but all that translates and once at the top of the windshield frame, it was out quite a bit.

cb

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
There looks to be a repair on front passenger side front fender so could be possible,I will throw level on windshield see how it looks compared to body.
I am going shim high side under spring perch of Jeep to eliminate dreaded Jeep lean.