Has anyone bought a frame frome Quadratech? Are they good quality?

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
My frame has a few holes, I've thought about repairing them. Just exploring my options and wandering if the ones I've saw for sale in the Quadratech ad are as good as OEM?

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
yep yep but it wont fit in a extended van if your thinking that.. sticks out about a foot... bring straps to close rear doors :)

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
x3284978763487

My frame is good :knockonwood: but I get insanely jealous whenever I check out a Scrambler on a TDK frame. They are simply gorgeous and beefy as hell. Are they as good as OEM? No. They're better. Much, much better.

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
Thanks for the skoolin', it does look like quallity work. It's defintely an option, and I'm sure would help the value out also the peace of mind. I saw where he listed TJ suspension as an option. That's interesting, you know I think the CJ8 rides pretty darn good as it is (I'm compairing it to my CJ5 with awfully stiff 4''lift springs). I bet on coils it's like driving a Caddy.
The only thing that would worry me as it may at some point inherit death wobble that's common in the coil set-up.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Death wobble is most certainly not a coil suspension issue, it's simply a badly set up suspension issue. Leafs can have it just as easily as coils.

If I were starting a rig from one of their frames, I'd look VERY hard at TJ or even a long-arm setup straight off. Don't know if they offer it set up with some form of long-arm coil lift, but that would be the hot ticket IMHO. Only issue becomes what axles to use to pick it up, because anything set up for that suspension will require the opposite side drop on the transfer case.

If you're looking to swap this into what you already have and aren't also planning an axle/drivetrain swap at the same time, I'd stick with leaves.

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
I'm going with a stock LS1 (5.3), not sure on the trans just yet. More than likely it will be a 5speed. Prob put a Dana 44 in the rear, not sure up front. I just want a capable D.D. that gets good MPG's.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I have a 5.3 and a NV4500 in mine. Work awesome.
If i were to do it again i would have gone with the TJ suspension. When i ordered my frame TDK would build your mounts to match ANY suspension kit (long or short arm). (For a fee of course).
Never hurts to ask...

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
I have a 5.3 and a NV4500 in mine. Work awesome.
If i were to do it again i would have gone with the TJ suspension. When i ordered my frame TDK would build your mounts to match ANY suspension kit (long or short arm). (For a fee of course).
Never hurts to ask...
Yes, I'm going to question TDK quite a bit. I'm still planning the frame and suspension. My tub may be done this week. It has cost me twice what I planned to fix it but I'm still in it cheaper than a new tub, maybe half as much.

Tell me what kind of MPG's do you get with the 5.3/ NV4500 combo? Does it feel as peppy as I'm thinking it should?:)

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Depends on the day and how my foot feels.
I have averaged 16-17mpg on the highway. That was doing 75-80mph (gps verified) on 37" tires.
Usually i average around 12-14mpg.

And yes... It goes. :)