Headlight Switch

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
I just replaced the dash on my CJ8, and I’m having an issue that I hope one of you can help me with. When I put the headlight knob back in the switch, it didn’t catch (ie I can pull it back out without any resistance). I just replaced the knob and the switch, and it is still happening. So, I am obviously doing something wrong. Thoughts/Suggestions?

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Push the know in. Turn to the left and right a time or two. Pull out, if it didn't catch, try again. Sometimes I had to push in, reach under the dash to the flat spot on the top of the switch (metal button with spring under it). Push the button in and repeat what was said above. You have to get the point of the shaft pass the button so a metal clip fall in the grove on the shaft. May have to try a time or two for it to catch. The button is the same button you push to be able to get the shaft out. (next you do the hokey pokey and turn yourself about). Sound just as crazy as what I said above.

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
I figured it out. If you can’t get something to fit/work, just slam it in really hard. Thanks for the help.