Headlight Update

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
You are going to get so many opinions without a bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish.
On of the best, cheapest, upgrades for non-LED lighting is a relay kit to get full voltage to the headlights.

Jeckhart85

City
York
State
Pa
You are going to get so many opinions without a bit more information on what you are trying to accomplish.
On of the best, cheapest, upgrades for non-LED lighting is a relay kit to get full voltage to the headlights.

You're right.

my goal is to be able to drive at night time safely. and I'm use to how bright modern headlights are so i would like something comparable

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Jake White loves his High Beam Off Road Lights and I just ordered a pair.

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
I have & like the JW Speaker lights. They were not cheap & the light buckets had 2 b modified 2 accept the lights

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I have the Truck Lite LED headlights. While they are certainly better than the stock headlights, the "blue'ness" of the light output is a little weird. I'm not sure my eyeballs really see everything the way they do with standards yellow'ish headlights. But, I can see further and am not out-driving the beam at 55 mph. So, I think the weirdness is perception and not reality.

Here is a link to a video of more headlights than I ever even imagined were made!!! 7" Headlight Shootout - Holy Cow that is a lot of Headlights!

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I have the Truck Lite LED headlights. While they are certainly better than the stock headlights, the "blue'ness" of the light output is a little weird. I'm not sure my eyeballs really see everything the way they do with standards yellow'ish headlights. But, I can see further and am not out-driving the beam at 55 mph. So, I think the weirdness is perception and not reality.

Here is a link to a video of more headlights than I ever even imagined were made!!! 7" Headlight Shootout - Holy Cow that is a lot of Headlights!
After watching that video, the JW Speaker lights put out a somewhat yellowish light outside of the center hot spot and is, according to the video, easier to see things with. Cool.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR

Nice video! But who can afford all those headlamps, let alone the ammo!