Hedman amc v8 fenderwell headers.

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
Anyone with the amc v8 swap have any opinions on the hedman fenderwells? Couldn't find too much from people who have used them except they may require trimming the inner fender a little. Any clearance issues with the tire? Most likely a 33x10.5 on narrow Trac axles on factory wheels for me. I'd like to run side pipe mufflers so the outside the frame rail option is better for me. If they won't hit anything

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Yep inner fenders have to be trimmed to clear them.

They where on my 8 with narrow track axles and 7" rims theres enough clearance for 35" tires and aftermarket rims. The picture is make it look close .They are available for sale also.[emoji106]

sent from my flaming samsung note7

neilconnolly79

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mankato
State
MN
I personally hate mine, mine rub at full lock unless I set the stop screw on the knuckles out and lose turning radius. I would much rather have a set of inside the frame, but these were free, so I'm gonna keep running em till they rot out...

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Yep inner fenders have to be trimmed to clear them.

They where on my 8 with narrow track axles and 7" rims theres enough clearance for 35" tires and aftermarket rims. The picture is make it look close .They are available for sale also.[emoji106]

Did not know that was yours. Saw in on craigslist.

Sent from my SM-J320P

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Yea i put things on when i have nothing to do. Then i get sellers remorse.. lol

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
I saw your posting. They showed up in my "nearby" results for the Utica area. If it weren't almost 4 hours away I'd probably come get them. I hate the city anyways.

40below

Basic User
City
Fairbanks
State
AK
My rig has Hedman fenderwells. Good points: minimal work to install, inexpensive compared to inside frame rail exhaust. Bad points: floorboards can get hot, the noise, even with good mufflers, gets annoying, and I once caught the collector flange on a stump in the mud; tore the muffler, flange, and muffler mount off. I consider fenderwells temporary until time/money allow an in-frame exhaust system.