Hello from Chicago

sky56

Basic User
City
Chicago
State
Il
Hey guys and gals I'm new to the forum. Just picked up a running and driving 1983 scrambler. I had a 1978 jeep cj5 when I was younger but foolishly sold it. I've always loved cj's in general and scramblers are just down right cool. The guy originally advertised it for $2000 and as a 1982. But after decoding the vin it's a Sebring red 1983 with original 5 speed trans and black high back seats. It came with full hard doors, tan full soft doors, original jeep bikini top, half? Original jeep soft top, and the factory half hard top of course that's in decent shape.

Drove it home for $1200 125 miles. After tracing a bad wire and a blown fuse all my lights work. Horn is still not working but that's no biggie. I'll post pics later I'm at work now (paramedic). Just wanted to say hello for now. Thanks and take care everyone.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Welcome. FYI. We will bug you until you get those pics posted. Regardless of your line of work! ;)

Your horn is probably the relay under the dash. Mine was. Easy fix.

Dain

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Welcome! Can't wait to see the pics! I was just in Joliet on Monday!

Btw, I worked EMS on an ALS bus for many years before I got on a paid fire department. Still have a lot of good friends from that job...sure don't miss it though.

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Madison
State
WI
Welcome..is this the one from Watertown? What color is the soft top? Have fun with your new project...

sky56

Basic User
City
Chicago
State
Il
Yes this is the one from Watertown. The soft top and bikini top are both black and say jeep on the small tags on them. The soft full doors are tan and are from bestop. It also came with a new pair of springs, 1 new brake rotor (lol) and a Haynes manual (lol again). If any of you saw the Craigslist ad it's not as awful as you think. Just needs some loving but I did drive it home 125 miles to Chicago so that's pretty awesome in my eyes.

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Madison
State
WI
he was on list to call and never got around to it. I was waiting to here from another guy in watertown regarding a list parts I was looking to buy and make the trip. I was going to use this one for a parts donor, it had the 6clyinder (mine is a 4) and the 5 speed plus a few other things to pull off... better someone grabbed it to save it.. If your thinking about selling the 1/2 soft top please keep me in mind

sky56

Basic User
City
Chicago
State
Il
Hey everyone sorry I havent posted any pics of it yet. I've been super busy and life has thrown me some not so great curve balls to say the least. Im actually thinking of selling it now due to some financial hardship my mom is going through. My family comes first and foremost. I bought it for $1200 and would love to get that back of course But I'll entertain offers of course too. I dont care that I titled it and bought plates already. It is what it is. Let me know guys and gals, If theres not interest on the forum I'll prob hit up ebay and CL and see what happens. Thanks.