• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Hello from Spain!!!

caballogris

Basic User
City
TORRELLES DE LLOBREGAT
State
Ba
Hello to everybody...
First, please be indulgent with my English... I learned it in my birth country (Venezuela), mostly autodidact.... Now I'm living and working in Barcelona from the last 16 years.
Well, I recently bought one CJ8 here in Catalunya... I think its one of two that I knew in Spain.
Its a full soft top unit, with hard doors. It has a VIN starting on 1JBCN88E7B XXXX so, its a 1981 unit with SR Sport package (has tilt steering column, tach and clock too).
I'm third owner: first one was in Holland and original kilometers now are 55.000 plus...
Really its a good find, I can't believe it was for me... I have full of Jeeps in my collection: 1944 Willys MB proyect (marching!!); 1952 CJ3A all stock; 1977 Jeep CJ7 RENEGADE LEVI's with original 32.000 miles... a survivor, never restored!!! Even I had to replace the stock GOODYEAR ALL TRACTION tires!!!!!
And now... that Scrambler. And I find your forum and would like to take part here.
I hope to learn a lot here, and to share all that I could give... because I'm a classic car restorer from the last 35 years, speciallized in Jeeps and Muscle cars (my other son is a 1969 Camaro RS convertible, ground up restored and found in a barn!!!!)
I promised to place some pics, just when I find the way to do it....

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Welcome aboard. Pictures of all your Jeep would be great.
I have a friend over in Catalonia right now. Not sure of the city though, his wife is from there. He is probably out on his Harley he shipped over there right now.

Sent from my SM-J320P

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Welcome [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] we all cant wait to see those pictures..

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Welcome! Pictures are a must!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your jeeps!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Welcome. And show pics of that Camaro as well! Love the classics.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Welcome. Would love to see pics of ALL the Jeeps (and the Camero). Yeah, I'm greedy like that.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Great pics.:thumbsup:
I especially like the irony of this one. :rolleyes:

nj.PNG

Some of the regulars here will understand.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
cool a blue nj number series plate is correct issue for the start of 1979-84 ..

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
Welcome aboard! Beautiful Jeeps and 69. Love that hugger orange with hideaway headlights. Keep posting.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Great pics. Love the Camaro

Last edited:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Great pics.:thumbsup:
I especially like the irony of this one. :rolleyes:

View attachment 54970

Some of the regulars here will understand.

Wow! Parked with original trackers in NJ and got away. Awesome pics and thanks for sharing. What year did you find it ? Even when I got my license in 1994 we had the yellow plates by then. So I am thinking early 80s. In the mid 70s we had a creamy tan plate.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Very nice collection!

caballogris

Basic User
City
TORRELLES DE LLOBREGAT
State
Ba
Wow! Parked with original trackers in NJ and got away. Awesome pics and thanks for sharing. What year did you find it ? Even when I got my license in 1994 we had the yellow plates by then. So I am thinking early 80s. In the mid 70s we had a creamy tan plate.

Well, really is a sad history... The guy who owned the Jeep, had to come to Barcelona I think in 1985 or so, because he was an architect working at Olympic buildings for Barcelona's games of 1992 and he came with his Jeep. He and his father (in the USA) manage its company till the father fell ill... The son returns to USA to be with his parents and the father died. Then, he never returns to Spain, left his Jeep abandoned in that parking. Some friend tell me about it and I bought it to the parking's owner, by the parking's debt. It was in 2002.
Took me 4 years to legalize this Jeep and a lot of headaches... basically bureaucracy and a lot of money.
But now I'm very pleased with this machine, is a very quiet engine (yes, quiet!!), and really economic in gasoline: I can make 500 kilometeres with the 55 liters fuel tank. OK, it have a 1 barrel CARTER stock carburetor, but goes really fine!!! No power brakes, but steering; T150 three speed (soon I'll swap a T176 for best driveability)... I kept the original Levi's short bucket seats, because don't want to destroy it by use and fit a set of Wrangler YJ high buckets and rear seat. I pretend to use the original ones for display only. Stock two points belts were saved too, and again a YJ was donor of 3 points (safer) ones.