Help! Mud Flap / Splash Guard Template

City
Boston
State
MA
Looked for about an hour to find a template / downloadable diagram of the specs of the OEM guards for a CJ-8. can anyone help? I’m trying to cut down some universal type guards.

Also - any recommendations on universal flaps to use as a starting point would be awesome!

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I’ve got a set being shipped to me. Not sure when they will arrive, but when they do, I’ll make some tracings and have them scanned to PDF.

Might take a while as they are coming from down under.

City
Boston
State
MA
I’ve got a set being shipped to me. Not sure when they will arrive, but when they do, I’ll make some tracings and have them scanned to PDF.

Might take a while as they are coming from down under.

Wow that would be fantastic and incredibly appreciated.

Thank you!!

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Your other option is contact Brett and find out when he will have another production run of the repro mud flaps.

https://jeepcity.com.au/product/jeep-cj10-cj-1978-1986-mudflaps-splash-guards/

They were about $375 (usd) shipped. Way too much, but worth it when there are no other options and NOS ones are going for crazy money. Just need to get him to start making the bed mat too.

Should be here any day now. Original ETA was 4/19.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Your other option is contact Brett and find out when he will have another production run of the repro mud flaps.

https://jeepcity.com.au/product/jeep-cj10-cj-1978-1986-mudflaps-splash-guards/

They were about $375 (usd) shipped. Way too much, but worth it when there are no other options and NOS ones are going for crazy money. Just need to get him to start making the bed mat too.

Should be here any day now. Original ETA was 4/19.
I got a set of these reproductions and they are nice, but the construction of them differs a bit than the originals... and they are a lot stiffer, so probably better for a mud flap application than the original ones.

Overall size is the same, but the way they do the letters is where it differs... the cuts to put the letters in vs. the way the original one piece is molded.

I could try to get you a template, but things have been a bit crazy lately and I have to dig those flaps out.

cb

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
And a quick rendering of the front. Again, accuracy based on HF tape measure, calibrated eyeball on a cup and a half of coffee, a two part printout of a scanned used flap....user discretion advised.

AMC Mudflap Front.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
What's the difference between the ones posted in this thread and these?

20180401_070527.jpg

For what it's worth, they came with a similar set of instructions posted above, though I can't remember if "wide track" is there as printed. I think it also had provisions for the Scrambler rears, but I'm missing that page. I'll try to check in the next week or two.