• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Help needed to identify Hard-Top

Egypster

City
cairo
State
gz
Hello Scramblers,

I have a number of hard tops which I recently got. They seem to be NOS Tops. Attached are the photos.
I need help in knowing for sure if there were meant fro CJ8 Scramblers or other models.
Note the smaller rear window which is probably Middle Eastern specs with all the heat we have here.
Any idea who made this exact hard top ? Was it for the CJ8 ? Would there be a market or interest in such hard tops ? I plan to sell them.
Would appreciate all your help. Thank you

WhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.09 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.09 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.10 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-30 at 11.35.11 PM.jpeg

sevensandeights

sevensandeights
City
Mckean
State
PA
I've never seen that style top in the states. Small window and ribs on the roof are the distinguishing features.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Welcome to the forum!

I don't recognize those as OEM tops for a Scrambler, at least those used on US models. Maybe they're meant for some of the Mahindra models?

Egypster

City
cairo
State
gz
Welcome to the forum!

I don't recognize those as OEM tops for a Scrambler, at least those used on US models. Maybe they're meant for some of the Mahindra models?

Thanks Walker
As we had a fleet of TJ Jeeps for the Police, I used to see the Tops on their patrol cars. Mahindras we rarely got in Egypt.

Last edited:

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
As we had a fleet of TJ Jeeps for the Police, I used to see the Tops on their patrol cars. Mahindras we rarely got in Egypt.

Ah - I bet it's specific to the TJs then. It may work for CJ8s, but I know there's already a US company doing something similar and the CJ8 market is pretty small compared to TJs.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
TJ/LJ guy would know better, isn't the clamp style latch on the front how TJ/LJ's are?