• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

High/Low Beam switch

Z Monster

Legacy Registered User
City
Faifax Station
State
VA
Evening everyone, just picked up a 1982 Scramblers this afternoon. The headlight switch is broken so had to get a room for the night. Anyone have a part number or source, looks like the wires have pulled out of the switch and are still stuck in a connector. Jumped the connector and they work but chose to wait out the evening anyway. 300 miles to home base tomm in the daylight. Yes pictures will be coming.

ZMONSTER:cheers:

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
You can get that switch at any major parts chain.

I've also had mine fail at night on the road. I hard-wired it long enough to reach our destination, then my first stop the next morning was a parts store!

Z Monster

Legacy Registered User
City
Faifax Station
State
VA
Thanks for the heads up. I did a Google search once I got home last night and found several available in my local area. Thought it might be harder to find than that. :D

ZMONSTER

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Replacing mine tomorrow/ ordered it today. Do they come with the knob? mine is cracked so it pulled right off.
Plus it feels like whatever I sprayed a decade+ ago turned into molasses & the dash doesn't work (can't turn it with fingers without knob on it's so gummed up)