• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Holley Sniper EFI install on my 258

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
This is a manual transmission. Not sure about the CA thing. My son got it from a women out of Seattle. How can you tell?
I installed the O2 sensor in the existing port just after where all of the exhaust comes together but just before the connection from the manifold to the exhaust pipe.

Sounds reasonable. Are you going to plug the pulse tubes? I doubt if you want those connected if you are still running a cat. The AFR should be correct with the EFI as is, Also i doubt the EFI will like the additional air coming in downstream .
The Holley Sniper Forum is a good reference.

JonathanJackson69

City
Boise
State
ID
Pulse tubes? I'm not sure what those are. Do you have a photo? I'll have to double check, but I don't remember a CAT on the exhaust, now that you mention it. I had not thought of the Holley forum, but I'll take a look there too this weekend. Just curious but did you have issues with using the mounting nuts that holley provided? Mine were so short and wide that I could not get a socket on them. I'm thinking of replacing them with standard SS locknuts given the engine vibration.

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
I think i used their nuts - 1/4 drive socket works as i recall. Any locking type nut should work.
If you don't have a cat then there won't be any pulse tubes, i dont know if the 81 had them, you may be lucky..

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
It is now listed for sale and have had some interest. :cautious:

Finns

City
Calumet
State
MI
Any updates on how things are going? Are you still running the temp sensor in the heater hose? I started the same install and im now looking for temp sensor options

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Any updates on how things are going? Are you still running the temp sensor in the heater hose? I started the same install and im now looking for temp sensor options

I had my motor die, so I swapped it out with a 4.0 that has fuel injection already, so I sold the sniper. But I never had issues with the sensor in the hose. In my 4.0, we tapped a spot in the thermostat housing and threaded the sensor in there. It is working great there as well.