Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I'm ordering a non-stock fuel sender and need to know how deep the factory 20g tank is inside. Anyone have a tank handy that can stick a tape-measure down the sending unit hole to get a measurement of the inside from top to the bottom?

Thanks

cbford

Legacy Registered User
City
CLT
State
NC
tank topography

Speig - Ill see if I can find my drawing with exact measurements. But these may help too.

This picture shows the layout lines of the transitions on the bottom of the tank as I projected and drew them on the top of the tank for measuring purposes.

tank bottom markings.jpg

The long vertical line (as picture is oriented) is the transition from bottom of tank to the 45degree upslope rear edge of tank. As you can see, it is center line below the stock sender insert location. So any sender you use cant go straight down or it wont sit on bottom of tank.
The small horizontal line that crosses the long vertical is the left edge of the sump depression in bottom of tank. The right edge is symmetric to this one, they are about 4.25inches off center line of tank to left/right.

Here is what the bottom looks like.

inside tank1.jpg

In this you can see the rear 45 degree upslope and the center sump area. The sump gets deeper as it goes from front of tank to back. It is about 7/8 inch deep just before 45 deg upslope rear tank wall.

And last:

inside tank float.jpg

This one shows where the stock sender reaches to when inserted in tank. The sender pick-up sock was parallel to and just to the left of the sender float you see before I cut it off and sealed the tube.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Speig - Ill see if I can find my drawing with exact measurements. But these may help too.
Yes I recall the flat sump is about 8" square in the center of tank. That is actually where I plan to mount the sender (similar to how you mounted your pump but a little smaller hole). If you have the top-to-bottom measurement in this area, that would be perfect!:fingerscrossed:
tank bottom markings.jpg