• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How did they do that?

ScramblerPHX

Basic User
City
phoenix
State
az
Check out the green scrambler on ebay. There is a picture of its custom dash with A/C vents up in the dash. Could someone describe how you would accomplish that? I would love to do a dash like that on mine. I sent the guy a message and he didn't do it the previous owner did so he couldn't tell me how.

Zodiac

CJ-8 Member
City
Macomb
State
MO
I'm guessing it's an aftermarket universal-style A/C unit. The factory unit that came in mine and in my buddy's Scramblers was the same kind you've seen in 4WDH- it takes up the entire bottom edge of the dash. This one may have a series of output ports with hoses, and you put the vents where you want them. As that's a custom dash, they could put them there.
Apart from that, I have no clue. :p

jpdeuce

Basic User
City
Houston
State
TX
Yeah...I bet it's been meshed from some other car. Looks like an old Buick or something...man those vents are old school.

Just a little re-routing and some plastic work...prolly could do anything your want.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Yeah, looks like some old GM vent. I would like to do something like this one day. It would be nice if something besides my kneecaps and 'nads could feel the A/C :D

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
A/C Vents

might be a Vintage Air setup,they can build just about anything you can dream up,they specialize in old cars and hard to fit Vech. that didn't come with air setups,they have small compact units also for custom street rods-JC

www.vintageair.com

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Yep, it's Vintage Air. I have one of their catalogs....drool, drool....

ScramblerPHX

Basic User
City
phoenix
State
az
Yes, just confirmed it was a vintage air set up. I will keep you guys posted, when i get my scrambler back I hope to do something like that. There is a 4wheeler shop that is going to do the dash and I am going to contact vintage and get the ball rolling. Good air is fairly helpful when it is 117 in July.

B

BritScrambler

Hey Peter,

Wanna Convoy to the National Scramble with us? Also please PM/email me when you get a chance about the status of your proposed visit here (that you and I discussed once upon a time).

Mark