How do I use a twin stick 300 ??

K9rockydog

Basic User
City
Glendale
State
Az
I have a trail run coming at end of the month

And I want to take both rides out and test the 4wd before i go.. (Will help me decide which to take)

Scram is straight fwd, but the cj7 has a twin stick 300 with no indications lo/hi etc

Pretty sure left control rear, right the front but since no rear hub lockers like front..

HEY..!! this thing has an onboard air setup.. Is it possible the switch next to it is for air lockers in the rear..??

How would I know..??

Thanks for any help, fellas

And if talking is easier'n typing for you too.. Feel free.!!

Patrick 602 510 3016

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
left stick should be rear. back is H and front is low. right stick is for front end. back is H and front is low.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
You can but that sticker for $2.50 + $5 s&h. :)

Last edited:

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Do a Google image search or screen grab of TrebleHook' image. Then, keep the pic of the shift pattern on you phone. Then, when you approach an obstacle, trailhead, etc... just "check your email". No one will know you're reminding yourself how to shift your t-case. ;-)

K9rockydog

Basic User
City
Glendale
State
Az
Nothin' better'n a place where alot of like-minded guys have the same view as you do..

..like I always tell my wife.. "Oh I crack ME up !!!"

LOOOOOOL. thanks for the help guys.. especially the screen shot..

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Port Allen
State
LA
Just make sure you don't end up with one pushed all the way forward and one pulled all the way back. :rotfl:

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
There's an interlock you can remove that would allow that, but MOST folks leave it in to prevent just that. That being said, if it were me, WITH THE JEEP SHUT OFF try to put one in hi and one in low and verify that the interlock pill is in place. You can also try to put the case in Front Hi/Rear Neutral. I believe the interlock prevents this as well.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I left my interlock in for that reason. Just incase I had a brain fart and forgot the pattern.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
What, exactly, happens in "extreme" opposite configurations, e.g. either left all the way up and right all the way back, or right all the way up and left all the way back.

Give me more on this pin... will the stock 300 with a twin stick let you do either of those?

Last edited:

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Not without removing the interlock "pill". This involves physically opening the case and removing it.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Some folks want Front Wheel High range while the rear axle is in neutral. I think that is the only thing you gain by removing the interlock. Not worth it for ME, but that's me.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
People sometimes want to be able to use FWD high in case something fails in the rear. (Ie. rear driveshaft, gears, axles, etc...)

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Yep. I actually thought that - front/hi - was possible without removing the pin. Guess I never checked. Still leaving that pin in there ;-)

City
Gulfport
State
MS
You can mill another slot in your shift rail and accomplish what you are wanting to do without removing the pill and safety feature is retained. I did it to mine when I installed the lomax 4:1 and it works as it should. Do a search for dana 300 mods for details.