• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How does Acme top attach to windshield frame?

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
Can anyone post a picture of how their Acme hardtop attaches to the windshield frame? Just trying to figure out what I need to get to make it work.

Attachments

• 20211106_145841.jpg
    20211106_145841.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
I've seen how the lashes connect to the body around the bed but I don't understand how it connects to the windshield frame. There's nothing for it to latch to.

jpnmaine

City
East Wilton
State
ME
Just a guess. Need to have its mate attached to the windshield for it to draw down to. Pic provided above shows how it attaches to draw down.

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
You need to supply the mating j hook. It is not a Jeep factory attachment method.

The factory hard top used a strip of metal screwed to the frame and roof.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh

Emile

City
Wilsonville
State
OR
Friends, I probably didn't phrase my question correctly. I know what the latches are and how they work, I'm looking for a picture of how those latches attach to the frame (rivet, screw, location). Thanks for all your help so far.

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I drilled and tapped my windshield frame for the J hook portion of the latch.

I am sure rivets would work too.

Bruce Berkheimer

City
Searcy
State
AR
Friends, I probably didn't phrase my question correctly. I know what the latches are and how they work, I'm looking for a picture of how those latches attach to the frame (rivet, screw, location). Thanks for all your help so far.
Same here. Did ya ever get a pic of attached latches?