• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

How long have you owned your '8?

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
This may be a post already, but Eric knows I am too lazy to research it..

Question is, when did you buy your '8?

I know one SOA member in LA that owned from new.

Got mine in April of '99.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
2010 for my on my only CJ8. My longest owned jeep was my cj5 that I had for 27 years.

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
City
Lewes
State
DE
March 1990.

It was my daily driver for 5 years. At one point I hauled a gas-powered Lincoln Ranger 8 welder with leads and Acetylene/O2 Tanks with hoses strapped to the roll bar, 5 gal gas can, and steel toolbox. . I look back on it today and I just shake my head on how unsafe I was.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
My dad bought our red one in 1990. That currently has 29,000 original miles.

My blue was a bunch of junk Jeeps. The first junker I bought in 2006. That is the one it's titled as.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I think it was 2000.

caballogris

Basic User
City
TORRELLES DE LLOBREGAT
State
Ba
I bought mine in 2015. My longest owned Jeep was my 1954 full modified Willys CJ3-B (Dauntless V6 Commando engine, Auto trans, CJ7 both axles, etc), that I had for 23 years.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Recently,
but I've wanted a C8 since you could buy a really nice one for 5k.
I thought they were overpriced! I paid over that for "Rusty"

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
My dad and I always wanted a CJ to cruise in since I was in 4th grade. When he was in the hospital with cancer we joked that I would drive right through the front door and get him out of there in a scrambler. After he got his wings I had to find one, and as you all know better than me easier said than done. It dropped in my lap in 2016 like it was meant to be, and he rides shotgun every minute I'm driving like I stole it.

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
I have owned my 82 green Scrambler “Vapor Lock” since 2002. My Jamaican beige, 82 scrambler “McClure” I have had since 2014, and my 83 “Blue” since 2018.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I bought my first one in 2010. I had to sell it in 2011. I bought my current one in October of 2018.

I have always wanted one, since I was young. I never liked the CJ 5's and CJ 7's as much...they were just too small, but the Scrambler is just right.

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Bought my first one in 2013. Second one in 2021!!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
There were no 8s in stock at the dealership at the time. I could not get a straight answer for how long it would be before any came in. I saw my 7 up on the car carrier and decided on it. I have no regrets, but I keep an eye out and still might find the right Scrambler some day. I have had my CJ for over 37 years and still love it. 1984

Last edited: