How many states have you driven your -8 to/through?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
When I ask this, I mean states that you drove in the Scrambler to get to. Not trailered to and then drove in.

Thinking back on the trip home from AK, I've hit a bunch and then I picked up TN when I went to the Oak Ridge event there. So it's 14 for me. I should have picked up Nebraska and West Virginia too with a couple 20 minute side trips, but I didn't :banghead:

Thinking I should try to drive it to all of the drivable 49 states ;)

How many have you folks hit? I'm sure folks have done more than me.

City
Hammonton
State
NJ
Not many. I drove from Jersey to Indianapolis a couple times in the 80s, so I've got Jersey, Pa. WV, Oh and In. It's also been to Delaware a few times, so I guess that's 6. I don't get out much. :(

City
Richmond
State
VA
bigwalton said:
When I ask this, I mean states that you drove in the Scrambler to get to. Not trailered to and then drove in.

Thinking back on the trip home from AK, I've hit a bunch and then I picked up TN when I went to the Oak Ridge event there. So it's 14 for me. I should have picked up Nebraska and West Virginia too with a couple 20 minute side trips, but I didn't :banghead:

Thinking I should try to drive it to all of the drivable 49 states ;)

How many have you folks hit? I'm sure folks have done more than me.
I think you can drive in Hawaii:D
Do you count counties?I've been in about 14 counties,in VA.:thumbsup:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI

the rest of this typing is to fill space quota for posting.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Ted Wendel said:
I think you can drive in Hawaii:D
Right, but you can't drive your Scrambler TO Hawaii. That's why I said 49 states. ;)

I suppose it would count to drive it to a ship and then drive around Hawaii, but that won't ever happen, so I'll stick to the at least possible dream of the other 49. :thumbsup:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Ed, you were one of the guys I thought would have me beat! Sure you didn't forget a couple in there?

GarScramb

Legacy Registered User
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
1, Florida.

I would bet mine has ever left the state as a matter of fact. It was originally sold in Bradenton. The rear bubmper actually has the name of the dealership and city and state engraved into it in large-ish letters. Always thought that was cool.

-Gary

City
Vancouver
State
BC
Won't beat BigWalt, ever,...but

lemme see.....:jeep: ....driven...(don't have a trailer :o )

Rain in the 7 day trip: 0
Countries: 2
States: 4
Miles: 2400+ return

Trip to Moab for the Scrambler Nationals: Priceless

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Copper Cohiba said:
Trip to Moab for the Scrambler Nationals: Priceless
CJ road trips RULE!

We're talking about driving to the next national and taking different ways down and back, that will pick up KY, MO and AR :thumbsup:

RJCJ-8

SOA Member
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rome
State
GA
I think this is all of them. 15 so far.
the best trip was from GA to UT
GA
AL
SC
NC
TN
MS
KY
IL
MO
KS
CO
UT
AR
AZ
NM

TravelnMan

Legacy Registered User
City
Granby
State
CT

OH,WI,IL,FL,GA,SC,NC,VA,WV,MD,PA,NY

Drove it from Florida to PA - I think I lost some of my hearing along the way...

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Eric,

I would have had 5 more if I had taken the 8 with me this summer on vacation, but we got a dolly for Sandra's car..... Miss on VA,WV,Md, PA and NJ.

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Since I was crazy enough to drive it down to GA for a jeep show, I can count 2. Of course, I'm about 99% sure, my trip to GA is the only time the jeep was driven out of state.