How much does a Scrambler actually weigh?

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
I need to know how much a stock Scrambler weighs. I can estimate how much weight my planned mods will add later on.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
what does it weigh?

Boomer,
The best thing to do is weigh it,usally there is somewhere close that has scales,farmers co-op,landfill,and truck stops or shops usally will have scales,the weight will vary from each model,hardtop,softtop,equiment options,and such will change the weight.Here is what i can tell you from the Jeep specs that i have.
GROSS WEIGHT:4150lbs
CURB WEIGHT-2770lbs
GROSS FRONT AXLE WEIGHT:2200lbs
GROSS REAR AXLE WEIGHT:2700lbs

I know this doesn't really answer your question,I do know after all the mods i've done on mine it weighs in at 4850lbs right now.I hope this was a little help-JC:D

Firetruck41

Scramblerless
City
Camas
State
WA
I just went to the garbage transfer station last week, on the weight slip, the Scrambler was 3380lbs. Subtract my 140lbs and you get 3240lbs. My CJ-8 is bone stock and I don't carry anything extra besides a small ammo can with screwdriver, wrench, rags, first aid kit. Oh yeah, that's with the stock spare, hard half cab, and 1/2 - 3/4 tank gas. No winch:( no Hi-lift:( No heavy duty bumpers:(

Well that should give you an idea any way.

Ben

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
thanks

I was told at one time it was around 3200lbs so thanks for giving us something that is solid to work with-JC:D