rispony

Scramblin' in the City
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
My passenger side window is near impossible roll up or down, taking two hands to budge. Once it gets rolling, it eases up but is a pain to start. Any info on how to remove the door panel so I can get a closer look on how to remedy the situation? Thanks!

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Somewhere Jeff Scherb (JScherb) has a build thread on his Gaucho. Within that thread there's a few pages detailing door restoration, including modifications to make them stronger. I've used it in the past and am currently using it to rebuild my doors. I have it bookmarked at home, but if you do a search for JScherb Gaucho door or something like that, I'm sure you'll find it. :thumbsup:

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
remove the window crank

remove the door pull

pop of each of the retainer clips, they're white plastic, buy the tool, it will help

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
remove the window crank

remove the door pull

pop of each of the retainer clips, they're white plastic, buy the tool, it will help
Thank you guys! I think I should have specified though, I assumed you could take the door apart in 2. I refered to the vinyl cover as a panel but I was actually trying to know how to separate the two different metal parts to work on the issue. Jscherb's link did help a lot to understand the mechanical workings on the door but I wish I could just cut it in half to fix the stubborn crank/glass/lifting mechanism!! Anyone else have this issue??