• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

howdy all

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Hey all it has been awhile. Logged in looking for my "happy birthday" note but it has been so long that it is no longer there any more.šŸ˜€

First a whine...As close as it is to my back yard I won't make nationals with a Scrambler. I have several Scramblers not a single one running and now no running truck to tow....:mad::banghead: Life, health, spine surgery, job has kept me from doing fun stuff. Everything seems to need 'a little work' but haven't had time for any of it.

On a positive note, we finally bought our place in CO.:bacon: Nice place on 42ac in Westcliffe, CO looking out over the Sangre de Cristo mountains...So retirement is on the horizon and hopefully final move will be coming up...so eventually I will have time to fix jeeps and other vehicles and host folks to visit and backroadtrip in CO. :usflag:

Truck

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Happy birthday fellas! The new software doesnā€™t make it as obvious when there are birthdays to celebrate :shrug:

Congrats on the CO purchase and impending retirement, truck! Hope you can manage a visit to the National somehow regardless, it would be awesome to see you.

Summerlovin

City
Allentown
State
Nj
Happy birthday. My son loved Colorado. Spent 5 days in Arvada at my buddyā€™s home. Absolutely beautiful. Welcome to your soon-to-be retirement. Iā€™ve been retired 7 years, and I think Iā€™m working more now than I did when I was employed.

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Happy birthday (to both of you!)! Good to "see" you Truck! I haven't been spending much time on the forums but probably will now that the Scrambler is running again!

Come on up to Nationals and catch a ride with someone! Kurt "Rubberhook" is coming with me!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Happy birthday (to both of you!)! Good to "see" you Truck! I haven't been spending much time on the forums but probably will now that the Scrambler is running again!

Come on up to Nationals and catch a ride with someone! Kurt "Rubberhook" is coming with me!
:headbang:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Welcome back...sort of. Happy Birthday! Paula usually doesnā€™t ride much, so thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™ll have a seat a good deal of the time there.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome back...sort of. Happy Birthday! Paula usually doesnā€™t ride much, so thereā€™s a good change Iā€™ll have a seat a good deal of the time there.
Iā€™ll be solo too.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Hey all it has been awhile. Logged in looking for my "happy birthday" note but it has been so long that it is no longer there any more.šŸ˜€

First a whine...As close as it is to my back yard I won't make nationals with a Scrambler. I have several Scramblers not a single one running and now no running truck to tow....:mad::banghead: Life, health, spine surgery, job has kept me from doing fun stuff. Everything seems to need 'a little work' but haven't had time for any of it.

On a positive note, we finally bought our place in CO.:bacon: Nice place on 42ac in Westcliffe, CO looking out over the Sangre de Cristo mountains...So retirement is on the horizon and hopefully final move will be coming up...so eventually I will have time to fix jeeps and other vehicles and host folks to visit and backroadtrip in CO. :usflag:

Truck
Westcliffe is beautiful. There's an Amish furniture store there I'd recommend, though their stuff is made in PA/OH.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Dang!! Truck it's been a while and it's so nice to see your post. Glad that things are good and retirement is close and it's certainly good hearing from you.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Glad to hear from you truck... Last time we talked it was face to face in a BBQ place in San Antonio.
-
Congrats on CO- great place to retire.

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
We can't wait to get out there full time and host some folks in CO. If some want to go stay before we get there full time you can!!

The Massey Colorado place is now listed as a vacation rental until we are ready to move out there permanently. We named it Royal View Lodge. Great vacation spot to get out of the rat race. Also pass this to all of your friends! Can always book through us and save 'traveler service fee'. We will also give a military discount if booked thru us.

https://www.vrbo.com/2302139?adultsCount=8&childrenCount=2&noDates=true&unitId=2868257

Truck

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We can't wait to get out there full time and host some folks in CO. If some want to go stay before we get there full time you can!!

The Massey Colorado place is now listed as a vacation rental until we are ready to move out there permanently. We named it Royal View Lodge. Great vacation spot to get out of the rat race. Also pass this to all of your friends! Can always book through us and save 'traveler service fee'. We will also give a military discount if booked thru us.

https://www.vrbo.com/2302139?adultsCount=8&childrenCount=2&noDates=true&unitId=2868257

Truck
WOW :eek: :huh: :bacon:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA

Truck
Nice to know, Truck. I may take you up on that, with military discount šŸ‘ we're always looking for nice places for fam reunions
Happy belated birthday.

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Parking for the Volvo & trailer?
View attachment 94385
There is parking...problem is getting in my drive from the road. I share the gate with my neighbor and it has a switchback in it that I don't think I can even get my truck and trailer into. I've already started talking to neighbor about extending the culvert pipe and adding a second gate to make it a double then we should be able to get in and out. Or if I can convince my other neighbor to sell me his place I'll have plenty of room and easy access....unfortunately he wants waaaay to much money.