• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Hurricane Matthew

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
If the reports are correct, we are going to get hit hard. Boarded up beach house but they predict devastation. We will get hit in Orlando too. Tropical winds up to 60 mph pm today, hurricane winds tomorrow. Spent three hours getting 20 sandbags this am. And to those on the coast, vacate. And good luck. By the way, brought CJ5 home yesterday and it's in the garage with the 8.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Stay safe and good luck! I hope and pray for you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Hope everything turns out OK, good luck to you and yours :thumbsup:

Let us know if you need any help after, been through a few of these myself :(

hdttm

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Ashfield
State
MA
Be safe

I'm down here for work - inland a bit but the skies are starting to look a bit dark. Good thing the Scrambler is up in New England... will just have to wait and see what the storm does :fingerscrossed:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
This is a bad one. If you are In a bad area get the heck out of there. I live in the New Orleans area and the first thing I always do is park my jeep in a massive 5 story cement parking garage 4 stories up in case of massive flooding and near the middle for wind protection because I have a soft top. After Katrina I had to wait 4-5 weeks before things opened back up. Cost me $20 to get it out but the jeep was fine and no worse for wear. Bottom line is get out to live and play another day

Sent from my iPad

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Hope everything turns out OK, good luck to you and yours :thumbsup:

Let us know if you need any help after, been through a few of these myself :(

I've lived on the east coast of FL since '66, been through several, lost my house to Francis/Gene.
And I can say the worst damage I've seen is when we went to Long Beach and Pass Christian to help after Katrina. Biloxi didn't look good either, didn't get to see much, just passed through.
The coastal areas are definitely susceptible to storm surges.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I did my work yesterday. Boarded up and got the Hoopies Ahoy out on dry land. Stay safe ya'll..

image.jpg

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Woodstock
State
Ga
I wish for the best for all that have to deal with the weather. Be safe!! I have family and friends on the east cost of Florida and i am on the edge of my seat hoping it takes another path or calms down. Also just purchased another 82 scrambler and its in Daytona. Prayers go out to all .

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Best of luck to all in that area. My thoughts are with you guys. Hang on tight !!

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
FLCJ8, did you fair well? Keep us posted. Hit hard there it looks. We are getting wind gusts of 60 mph in Orlando. No damage tho. Worst was at 5 a.m.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
FLCJ8, did you fair well? Keep us posted. Hit hard there it looks. We are getting wind gusts of 60 mph in Orlando. No damage tho. Worst was at 5 a.m.

Thanks for asking.
I'm actually in TN helping my brother through cancer treatments.
My wife took care of things the best she could. My neighborhood lost power early on, and the yard is full of branches and palm fronds, but everything is still intact.
Did you get any damage from the wind?

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
Wind only. Branches. Did well. Glad you/ she did well, too. Looks like north of Daytona got hit hardest.

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
Coming through my area right now. We are in the 10-12 O'clock portion of the storm with all the rain and convective activity.

Not so bad currently, we will see where the eye passes. The Scrambler is inside and my 2013 Tacoma is outside...Priorities

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
Tacomas are everywhere and replaceable.....just sayin

Oh I hear you. Eye is approaching Wilmington NC, but like the other storms this is just a little wind and a lot of rain. Barrier islands are flooding from high tide which hit about an hour or two ago. The news hypes these things up way too much, they are hoping for another Andrew or Katrina.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
decent amount of rain here just outside of Charlotte. wind gusts do get up there every now and then but overall not too bad.

stretch1134

Basic User
City
GRANT VALKARIA
State
FL
I live here in south brevard on the river and all faired well minus a few limbs that wanted to come down. All in all i think everyone dodged a bullet here! This time around the wife and i stuck it out in our home (built in 1878), but i think next go around we might just skip the stress and leave town....too many family members decided our place was safe and we spent the whole time worrying about them.... the jeep and the '48 ford survived fine in the barn though.... we slept next to them

Sent from my SM-G860P

stretch1134

Basic User
City
GRANT VALKARIA
State
FL
I live here in south brevard on the river and all faired well minus a few limbs that wanted to come down. All in all i think everyone dodged a bullet here! This time around the wife and i stuck it out in our home (built in 1878), but i think next go around we might just skip the stress and leave town....too many family members decided our place was safe and we spent the whole time worrying about them.... the jeep and the '48 ford survived fine in the barn though.... we slept next to them

Sent from my SM-G860P
20161005_174706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL

Sent from my SM-G860P

You must live just a few miles from me, glad to here all is well.
My wife had to deal with family as well, much more stressful than Matthew.;)

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Here's my LJR headed to safer quarters:
rubi.jpg

My Srambler's pieces in safer quarters:

scram.jpg

That's shiny new paint under all that crud.:(

All thanks to my wife. :woot: