• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

I ended up with 3 tugs

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Bought and built my 1st tug a few years ago and love it. Have been looking for a 2nd one for 3 years.

Finally found another 86 in Maryland. Went down and got it. Planned on building one just for offroad.
No rust and bed/counter weight already removed

Two weeks later, I found one basically done in New York. I called my friend and he bought the all stock one immediately.
Went up to NY and bought this one. Solid Industries Dana 60's, 35 spline Chromoly shafts, Detroits, Atlas, 2 winches, and more. Also 1986
It has stock tires. I added 41 inch IROKS. Still have to tweak the suspension as the tires are hitting the fenders while flexing

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Over the winter, I buried the tug on 37's in the snow. This spring, I buried it again in the field, in the mud. Hoping not to do it with 41's today

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
Russllville
State
TN
Those are so cool! Never seen one in person. Love the headlight treatment on the last one.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That is sick!!! :headbang:

But I can't stand the way the headlights were done personally. I see why they had to go, but the coolest part of those grilles/fenders is the stock headlights. At that point, I would have just switched in a CJ grille and don't molest that ultra-rare grille. :shrug:

Still incredibly awesome. PM sent.

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
I don't know why he put motorcycle lights in the grill. At least he saved the stock fenders and gave them to me.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
That is sick!!! :headbang:

But I can't stand the way the headlights were done personally. I see why they had to go, but the coolest part of those grilles/fenders is the stock headlights. At that point, I would have just switched in a CJ grille and don't molest that ultra-rare grille. :shrug:

Still incredibly awesome. PM sent.

i gotta agree about the lights.
It looks sicker in person, saw it Saturday at the PA Jeep show, just beastly looking in an awesome way with some stout running gear.