• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

I'm baaaack....(mostly!)

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
I debated whether to post this or not, but as a relatively long-term member here, charter member/original treasurer of the Scrambler Owners Association, and participant in both national and regional "Scrambles" of one type or another, I've made a lot of friends here. I appreciate all of you I've met in person and the ones I've only met here through cyberspace.

Many of you are aware that I have had a recent battle with kidney cancer, and I appreciate all the calls, your concerns, etc. While the war is not over, since I will have to monitor against a return of the cancer, for now signs are looking fairly positive, as best as the doctors can tell.

I still have some recovery to do, but am feeling pretty good and plan to get back to working on the jeeps following the holidays.

Again, thanks for all the support. Even though I haven't felt like posting on this site much in the past couple of months, I still logged on here almost daily and it is always a bright spot in my day.

I look forward to seeing/posting with you all in the future.

-Mike

fisherman

Whew, was that you?
City
brunswick
State
md
Mike,
i had no idea you were having health problems. i am glad things are looking better. i had noticed your absence but didn't think something was wrong. i hope things continue to get better!

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Crossbones said:
HEY MIKE !! Glad you're posting again. Call if I can help with anything.
Robert
Careful with the offers, he's got a lot of parts that are supposed to add up to a Scrambler, "when he gets around to it.":rolleyes:

Let us know Mike, we can assemble that thing in an afternoon....right?:smokin:

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Mike - Somehow, we (Kara & I) completely missed this. You're in our prayers, and I wanted to mention that it's good to have you posting again.

Craig, Kara, Mira & Maeve

P.S. - We bought Mira a Samick guitar for Christmas (she's been asking for a guitar for about 4-5 months), and I bought an Alvarez electric/acoustic to start teaching her chords. I thought you'd appreciate hearing that. :)

VinnyM

Rolling work in progress
City
Martinsville
State
NJ
Glad your back!

Hey Mike...

Sorry to hear about the health issues....verry happy to hear it's past your now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!

I too check in a bunch, but don't say much.

Keep the faith...and if you need a hand let me know!

~Vinny :)

scrambler81

Basic User
City
Hammonton
State
NJ
Wow! I hadn't heard anything about this either, and you're one of the few people on here that I have actually met. I'm glad to hear you're doing better, and I surely hope you continue that way.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
Gosh Mike ..did not know...but i am glad to hear the news are positive...i had wondered where u were.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Good News!!!

Hello Mike. I didn't know you were under the wheather either. Good to know your on your way to recovery. Jannie and I will keep you in our prayers.

The 70 & 80 degree wheather will help I'm sure.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Hey Mike,

I did not know that you were having problems. Good to hear that things are looking up.

Guess that we really should get together for a Virgina meet and greet.

Looking forward to caching up with you again.

Carl

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Great to see you around Mike, that's excellent news and I can't wait to see pics of the progress on the Scramblers to come ;)

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
MIke, as others have noted, didn't know about your battle. Glad you are back and do let us know if you need us to help with anything.

I can always haul off excess Scrambler parts....:eek:

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
I too was surprised to hear about your recent health issue. I am glad that you are doing better.

I also look forward to your future postings and seeing you once again at the SOA Nationals.

Later, Ken

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Mike- I didn't know either- but I am glad to hear things are looking better. I'll be keeping you in my prayers-

Grantshire

Legacy Registered User
City
Richmond
State
VA
1x1_Speed_Craig said:
Mike - Somehow, we (Kara & I) completely missed this. You're in our prayers, and I wanted to mention that it's good to have you posting again.

Craig, Kara, Mira & Maeve

Ditto!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Boy, Mike! How did I miss this and I'm here in Richmond! We will add you to our prayer list and let me know if there is anything I can do to help (note - I saw John N's post so the offer has small print).

Richard

Scott Mine

Legacy Registered User
City
Arnaudville
State
LA
Mike

Man great to see you here again.

Hope that you will get back to normal soon. You are in our prayers and if you need anything that i can help with please feel free to ask

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
Hey Mike...
Glad you're back and doing better. Keep in touch.
Mike W. (the other one):p

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Hey guys - thanks for all the kind words and support!:cool:

One reason I decided to post this thread was to encourage all of you (especially as you get older!) to go to the doctor to get symptoms checked out. This cancer was found incidentally while examining me for a stomach problem, which I almost ignored and just tried to "tough it out." However, since I have never had any problems with my stomach, I decided to get it checked out. The stomach problem kind of went away on its own (the doctors don't think it had anything to do with the cancer, but are not sure), but luckily the tumor was discovered before it had advanced to the point of me exhibiting cancer symptoms, and hopefully, before it spread to other organs.

later
-Mike