wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Wife got me a compressor for our anniversary, so now I need a decent impact.

I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible, but know you get what you pay for with tools. I'm a hobbyist so don't need a thousand ft lbs, but need to break loose the occasional stubborn bolt.

Looking at this setup. Is ingersoll rand gtg or should I be looking elsewhere?

Ingersoll Rand 2317G Edge Series Air Impactool and Ratchet Kit, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CY1DSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_z4Ewwb7QXJPPQ

Reviews paint it in a good light.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Localism pawnshop has a snap on mg725 for $150, but I'm leery of buying used.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
That will work for a little bit until the pressure drops. There are really good 3/8 impacts that are pretty wicked too.

Sent from my SM-G920V

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I tried an 18V dewalt and it would take a lug off my daily driver accord. I have a $35 12V Kawasaki impact that worked better than the 18V Dewalt.

The Kawasaki is one of those wind up and pop type. Got it to use working on ATV engines.

What cordless impacts are yall using?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Lately I hear great things about Milwaukee. Both power and price. The M 18 fuel system is great that's what I have. I had borrowed a snap on system and and after that I was hooked. About the only air impact that use now is the 3/8 because the angle you can get into tight places

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
i have a a 3/8 snapon impact and works great but i always use my 18v dewalt impact on mostly everything.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Lately I hear great things about Milwaukee. Both power and price. The M 18 fuel system is great that's what I have. I had borrowed a snap on system and and after that I was hooked. About the only air impact that use now is the 3/8 because the angle you can get into tight places
Milwaukee 18v Li-ion 1/2" Impact. 450ft/lbs of torque! Worth every penny. Removes lug nuts without any issues. I only use my compressor for airing up tires and blowing dust off and the occasional cutoff wheel work.
impact.jpg

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
Milwaukee 18v Li-ion 1/2" Impact. 450ft/lbs of torque! Worth every penny. Removes lug nuts without any issues. I only use my compressor for airing up tires and blowing dust off and the occasional cutoff wheel work.
View attachment 51360

This x3! I have the same one. Have only used my air impact 2-3 times over the past year since I got my cordless Milwaukee impact. I've even found myself using it to remove bolts where before I would have used a ratchet. I'm amazed at how long the batteries last and how much work you can do with them before they need charged. I just need to get the 3/8" drive one yet.

Sent via signal flare

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
http://smile.amazon.com/Bare-Tool-M...12&sr=8-2&keywords=Milwaukee+18v++1/2"+impact

That it?

How long do these batteries last (as in before you have to replace them)?

After trying that Dewalt 18V impact I figured none of them would be all that great. I bought two new Dewalt branded batteries for $100, and with brand new batteries the thing still wouldn't pop off a lug nut on an Accord.
Really .. I just took off sea salted lug nuts off a 7 with the 1/2" 18v dewalt.

Sent from my SM-N910P

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR

Sent from my SM-N910P
This is the one I had. Figured with new batteries it would be good to go. It made a lot of noise, but didn't have much power to it.

http://smile.amazon.com/DEWALT-Bare...=1448912188&sr=8-3&keywords=dewalt+18v+impact

I have one of these that I bought simply because sometimes I HAVE to have an impact when removing clutch nuts and flywheels when I'm in ATV engines, and it serves the purpose for those, but the wind up and clack takes forever trying to use it anywhere else.

http://smile.amazon.com/Kawasaki-84...448912263&sr=8-1&keywords=kawasaki+12v+impact
That said, the Kawasaki busted loose the lug nuts that the Dewalt couldn't handle. Wonder if I just got a bad/worn out Dewalt?

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Hmm yea that's the one I have . 300lb. There's a 160lb version also.. Works great for me .I took 2 cj7 apart this summer . I deal with a lot of rust stuff as u know. I also have that 18v dewalt screw impact that thing built my whole house with. on a Plus side it yellow. I got to have everything yellow.. 😁 I would look into that 20v dewalt . 1200lbs would break anything. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910P

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ

Sent from my SM-N910P
Perhaps what you are asking is how long is the total life of the battery ? I hear around 2-3 years with the milwaukees. As in eventually you will need a new one. But I have no experience as to if that is the norm for lith ion batteries.