• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

info on the new scrambler?

toytime

Basic User
Will a new scrambler really exist or is it just marketing. I live in Alberta Canada and went to my local dealer and they knew nothing about it. The only thing i have ever seen was from a 4x4 magazine with a small mention saying they might produce it. Where can i find out more information on the posibility of this vehical?

Jimbob

Basic User
City
Germantown
State
MD
Who knows?

If DC would quit showing AEV's work as their own we might get a better idea what if anything is coming.

I am hopeful but doubtful.

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
new Scrambler

This whole thing really is puzzling me. We haven't heard squat for about 2 months now. It really makes me think they saw how good of a reaction they got out fo the Brute and changed their plans and might offer that instead of the ones DC has show us.

I think there is something up with the whole thing though because there has been no chatter at all. And, like you said, several of the press articles have shown pictures of the Brute instead of DC's own version of it. (with verbage new jeep will appear similiar to this)

The negatives to thinking that scenario might actually happen is they had a pretty easy design/engineering/manufacturing modications if they went with just a simple stretched TJ. If they did go with something like the brute with a separate bed, they probably would have all kinds of other issues to deal with by production..

Crash testing/ratings - although they totally avoid the back seat thing with the Brute
possibly different EPA ratings because its a pickup
engineering differences in coil spring rates,
totally redesigning a bed rear frame to accomodate a different bed

On the positive/simplier side:

No need to design/test a rear rollcage and back seat

My guess, is we will probably know something at Camp Jeep this year. My guess is they are planning on debuting something there. I would think the early auto shows of next year are too late for an actual debut.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
latest?

The latest scuttlebut i have heard is that the new jeep will more than likely be a left hand drive version of the one sold in Isreal/pakistan. The word i have is ...that design has the engineering already done and could be the quickest to market...it would just be a civilian version....if hear any new rumors, i will post.