• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Inherited 1982 Scrambler - looking for recommendations

Evanjsieb

City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Hello, my wife and I inherited a 1982 Scrambler that her uncle used when he started the first 4x4 touring company in Durango, CO. The body is in great shape, and the engine runs without issue. To my knowledge, all is original with the exception of a roll cage that was installed and the topper to go over the cage. We do still have the original topper however.

As we both work full time jobs and have recently started a family, I do not have the capacity to take on an additional project. As all of the scramblers I can find online are remodeled, I was hoping to see if this thread can give any feedback to a ballpark value or know of any areas to see about listing the Jeep for sale?

Again, as this is my first post, please forgive me if listing in the wrong area or even listing this to begin with!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Pictures will be helpful. Could be 10 to 15K. If you want to sell it on here, you're gonna be asked to give a starting price. Pictures, pictures, pictures.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I hope you'll offer it up here first as we're all Scrambler lovers here. Pictures and any info you have will help with a real estimate. Good luck!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Welcome to the forum, even if it's just for a short time (have a look around, maybe you'll decide to stay).

You'll get plenty of good advice here, especially once we have more info (and photos).

My hope though, is that the Scrambler bug will bite, and you'll end up keeping it! :cheers:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Without pictures we are all just guessing.

Condition is everything.

Since it has been modified in some manner, I doubt it would fetch the collectible values in the $30s.

Since it was a tour Jeep, it could have frame / body issues. There was a bunch of tour Jeeps from Arizona sold several years ago. They all sold for under $5k as I recall.

Without photos, I’d value it at $5k to $15k.

@don87401 is in your neck of the woods. I’ll bet he would be willing to assist you.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Looks pretty nice from the pictures provided. Wish I was a state or 2 closer for a look

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I am down in Farmington if you would like to try and get together some time. It will have to be later this month because I am scheduled to do some traveling.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome! That’s a really nice one- a great starting point for a restoration or restoration-mod.