redking11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I want to put shoulder belts in my 81. Does anyone make a kit for this or has a build thread been done? I don't know what belts to use, where to drill into my roll bar, where to get the rubber bumper and grommets, ect. It would be great to be able to learn from someone who has done it before.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
There is info on the site. The rubber bumper, people use a shock mount bushing readily available. If you search the forum, you should find the info you need.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I have an '82. Almost every time I get in, I reach for the shoulder belt. It's not there. Every now and then when I go to start it, I also forget it has a clutch. Thankfully, I've only done that a couple of times in the past year. New habits die hard.

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I found one and it even has the belts in it but the guy wants $800. Does that seem steep to anyone else?

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I paid $75 for one with a spare tire bracket and $100 for my last one with really nice feet. $800 is way to much. The centers of the vertical tubes of the roll bars on comparative years have a difference of 3/8" on each side.

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I don't want to start another thread, but are there advantages to buying later model doors? Are later years better made? I know windows are different, are some windows easier to deal with or considered better? If so why?