Interesting pic w/ Pres. Reagan and Mikhial Gorbechev

TexasCJ8er

Scrambler Owner
City
Austin
State
TX
It's good to see the CJ-8 did its part to end the Cold War and ease U.S./Soviet tensions.

Nancy Reagan bought the Jeep for the President in 1982 (I think) and it was recently re-acquired and donated back to the ranch.

I guess even the Gipper was a Scrambler nut!

City
Ponca City
State
ok
I couldn't help but notice the (lack) of leg room of the passengers in the back. I know the seat needs to mount (stock) under the roll bar for safety reasons, but those holes are too close. I guess jeep should have put removable full cages in the scrambler. That would be the ticket !!!!!

Time for the hardies, Winter (hunting season) is coming !!!!!!!!

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
when i restored my 8, i mounted the rear seat backwards. i put the back of the seat next to the bulkhead..its great as long as your passengers dont mind seeing where they have been instead of where they are going. this pic does not show it well but it is the only one i got.

TexasCJ8er

Scrambler Owner
City
Austin
State
TX
What are the two silver things? Snaps?

Right behind the seat on the side, in front of the roll bar. Are these factory installed for a soft top? Was a factory soft top ever offered for the CJ-8? Just wondering....

City
Louisville
State
co
Why didn't he get a ticket for not wearing his seat belt? Bad bad bad! Well I don't always wear mine ether. The damn stock ones will just keep sinching up on you as you bounce around. Then next thing you know you have to pee like a race horse and can't get the seat belt to unlatch because it is so damn tight around you! I hate the things! but they will keep you inside in most cases of rolling around in the dirt........

Ouch!