Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
IIRC spice is a YJ color. Looks like nutmeg to me. If those are original seats you can confirm by the trim code on the firewall tag. Should be 5F for high back nutmeg seats.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
if it is stock 83, then yes, Nutmeg... later could be honey, but Spice was never a CJ issue, only YJ as mentioned above.

cb

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
Thanks for the feedback. Any idea where I can get a piece of fabric/upholstery to replace the few sections in the driver's seat that are torn?

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Best bet to make a close match is to purchase another seat with an intact back cover. A good upholstery man (becoming hard to find) should be able to replace the damaged panels with the salvaged material. Saw a nutmeg seat recently on FleaBay that may work for you, or put up a post in the wanted section.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
If you aren't concerned about entirely OEM pieces, there are decent reproduction seat covers on eBay as well. Last I remember, several members here were picking up swatches of material to compare to original.

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
Thanks guys. I REALLY want to stick with the original seats since they’re in really good shape, so i’ll Just have to keep my eye out for another one to cannibalize.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
I think you can still get the fabric to rebuild the seat bottom. I know Austin Jeeps had it in stock. Some others were selling it on Ebay.

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
The re-pop material I’ve seen is a different shade of nutmeg compared to a original set I have. The original seats may actually darken some with wear and age. If you find some re-pop, ask them to send you a sample to compare color.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Thanks guys. I REALLY want to stick with the original seats since they’re in really good shape, so i’ll Just have to keep my eye out for another one to cannibalize.
Patience will land you a passenger seat you can use to swap bottoms on. Sell the frame and the top skin and you may be able to recoup much of your investment.

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
Thanks for all of the feedback. I checked with Austin Jeeps, but they were all out. However, I actually stumbled on someone who has the large back piece of an original Nutmeg seat, and they’re selling it to me for $45 shipped. I’m a happy camper!