interior light switch

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Hey! A new forum! Good idea.

Did CJ's come with a door jamb-mounted interior light switch/button like Wranglers? Mine doesn't have this but it could have been removed and the hole patched when it was painted.

Does anybody know where I can find one of these buttons/switches?

Last edited:

fedex

Basic User
City
Cypress
State
CA
Yes, My original 8 in 82 had that. Even had a hood light. Very HIGH TECH for a Jeep. Don't know where where you can pick that up though.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I would think that the HELP section of the auto parts store or the electrical aisle would have an assortment. It'd just be a matter of mounting and wiring up.

Now if you wanted a CJ specific one... there you'll be stuck with Collins bros or something I'd imagine.

Rubberhook

Basic User
City
N. Cape May
State
NJ
What happens in the summer if you decide to run doorless or run soft doors like many of us like to do? I suppose you could put a toggle in line but it seems like it would be easily forgotten resulting in a dead battery! If you need to see inside i would just use the headlight switch to turn on the interior lights! Just my opinion. Does not reflect the opinions of the management!!!! LOL!!!

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Rubberhook said:
What happens in the summer if you decide to run doorless or run soft doors like many of us like to do? I suppose you could put a toggle in line but it seems like it would be easily forgotten resulting in a dead battery! If you need to see inside i would just use the headlight switch to turn on the interior lights! Just my opinion. Does not reflect the opinions of the management!!!! LOL!!!

On my YJ, when running doorless, you had to pull the clip-on plug coming from the switch to make the int. light go out.

I don't have an interior light right now so I would like to make it original or at least look origianl if possible. The headlight switch isn't hooked up to anything right now except for the headlights. Guess I'll have to track that wire down.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
NO LIGHT

None of my Scramblers have an interrior light......on my 82,83 or 84-JC

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
mine has factory lights under the dash that come on when you turn the light switch to the left, part of the Renegade package..
I've seen the switch & harness on ebay a few times.

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
mine also had light under dash controlled by headlight switch..not that it ever gave much light...

Truck

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
My 84' CJ-7 had a light in the hard top, but it was controlled from the light switch on the dash.

Carl