• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Introducing myself to the group

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I wanted to say hi. I just recently bought an 84 survivor with approximately 82,000 miles. I bought it from a guy who has had it sitting in his garage and hasn't moved it since the mid 90s. The body on the CJ8 is pretty good with some bad rust in the bed. Aside from the bed everything else is pretty good. The engine turns over and idles alright but needs some fine tuning with the carbs. I'm currently putting in a new clutch master cylinder and master slave. The breaks need to be redone but all of that is pretty standard stuff. I'll keep you guys updated on the stuff I do. All I'm really trying to do in the near future is to get it running properly for the summer so I can enjoy it. Pictures to come.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome! Can't wait to see it and I have to give you big time props for your username. Genius :cheers:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Welcome. Interested in the pics and the clutch work. I am looking to swap to a master/slave set up as well.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
Welcome! From the picture posted in another thread this jeep appears to be a 4 cyl. For whatever reason it seems the 4 cyl jeeps had factory hydro clutches while the 6 cyl jeeps had manual. Mine was originally a 4 cyl with a factory hydraulic clutch, with a 6 cyl swapped in. Maybe it was options, I don't know for sure.

I bled my clutch master and slave cylinders by myself (actually surprised it worked). Filled the master, pumped the petal then went under the jeep and loosened the bleeder screw. It just drained from the master to the slave and evacuated all the air. Hopefully that will work for others as well.

Good luck!

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Welcome! I was just in Chicago a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to start paying attention when I travel to see if other members are around. Wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to grab a burger and talk about jeeps with a fellow CJ8er!

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Welcome to the group!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Welcome. Nice looking '8

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
I'm hoping to get started with the master cylinder and master slave sometime next week. I'll be sure to keep you updated with pictures.