Iroks Kick Booty in Snow!

City
Snohomish
State
WA
I just got back from Wheelin Reiter today, ran BYS with 1' of snow over it, FUn stuff, I'm really amazed at how well the tires worked in the deep stuff. My friend however was hating life with his 39" Red Label Krawlers, Competition Krawlers SUCK BIG TIME in the snow.
They turn rock hard and do not get any traction whatsoever, it's hilarious to watch, of course if there happens to be any glimmer of rock in the run they work well, but not in deep snow.

:p

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I always liked my Iroks when i ran the smaller set-up. They do tend to chunk off some but they do very well. I might consider getting another set when my TSL's finally wear out.

Scott Mine

Legacy Registered User
City
Arnaudville
State
LA
Iroks

I think that they do good, but i really do not like how the outer lugs are already rounded off. I would like to get rid of mine and maybe go to some TSL's or LTB's or something of that nature. Pitbull Maddoggs look pretty good with the new design. Phil wanna trade my 42's for your 44's :D

City
Snohomish
State
WA
Scott, the 16" rim 42" Iroks have a larger tread and lugs, it's weird, I was up at S&N Fab Friday night there was a buggy there with 17" rim 42" Iroks with lugs half my size, weird, it's like the had to make a larger die for the big meats.

The guys are building the 1st ever rock-crawler to be featured in low rider magazine, it's a Cadilac (excursion or whatever the Caddy giant SUV is) buggy, stil in progress, but feature 17" Trail Ready Beadlocks on 120 SPOKE RIMS! and a hood ornament that is not to be missed (hand holding a Glock with "homey sights" on the side of the gun) can't wait to see the finished product.